Hydraulic assist setup questions

I am in the beginning stages of adding much needed hydraulic assist to my rig and have a few thoughts/questions. Experience and opinions are valued.

I currently do not run a raised track bar or d-link flip. To be honest, I am very happy with the way my Jeep handles on the road. So much so, that I really don't want to add it. My rub is most of the cylinders I see installed on JKs are mounted to the track-bar bracket and then clamp to the tie rod somewhere near the middle. There really isn't room for me to weld tabs onto the stock track bar bracket and I'm not sure how much stress I would be comfortable adding to this bracket even if there was.

With the above in mind, I am considering welding a mount on the axle tube itself near the diff housing. Then, use a clamp near the passenger knuckle. Abstractly, this seems like a swell idea with lots of benefits. This said; I know I am not that ingenious, so why don’t others run this way?

If I did this I could always flip the track bar and d-link later (should the need or desire arise).
This would also reduce the likelihood of the tie rod bend.

Thoughts ???

Oh, BTW... I don't really like the PSC bracket that would allow the trackbar to stay in place and run the cylinder.

I don't have a good reason other than the way it looks :crazyeyes: but I don't like it ;)

Yes, but I have some issues with mounting here with this bracket....

1- (and the most trivial) I don't like the way their bracket looks
2- the shock brackets I made (very similar to Nemesis) mount to the lower side of the shock mount where this bracket does. They may interfear.
3- I don't line the downward facing nuts on the u-bolt.

Then in the end, I don't really like the idea of the cylinder moving the tie rod from the middle.

jeeeep

Hooked
I have the synergy bracket instead of the PSC, it's welded in place and I believe it does not interfere with the shock mount.

I thought I had a pic but it's only a partial, I'll take some better pics when I get back on Sunday

I have the synergy bracket instead of the PSC, it's welded in place and I believe it does not interfere with the shock mount.

I thought I had a pic but it's only a partial, I'll take some better pics when I get back on Sunday

Cool, thanks!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
it was raining and cold yesterday. ..
here are the pics, I'll get some better of the shock mount area, took these during lunch
20141117_141904.jpg
20141116_153228.jpg

Thank you for the pictures... Are you sure that isn't a cut and modified PSC bracket? I ask because I can't find anything on a Synergy beachtet that looks like that and the slot on the right side of the bottom picture looks like the hole for the u-bolt.

jeeeep

Hooked
Thank you for the pictures... Are you sure that isn't a cut and modified PSC bracket? I ask because I can't find anything on a Synergy beachtet that looks like that and the slot on the right side of the bottom picture looks like the hole for the u-bolt.

I think you are correct...it's not what the shop showed me they would install... they did cut the PSC bracket and weld it to the tube.

This is the bracket I thought I was getting, Synergy Jeep JK Front Axle HD Track Bar Bracket, 3.0" OD Tube

Thanks all!

I think I'm over thinking this. (something I do more than I'd like to admit)

I think I'm going to either modify and use the PSC bracket or use the Synergy weld on bracket.

After some tape measure research, I don't think I have room to mount the ram the way I mentioned earlier without welding tabs to the diff cover (which I don't want to do).

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Rebel JK

I didn't have room for the added 1/4" plate for the bracket so I went this route to avoid the drag link. I added some steel/gusset in the after paint shot. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416274173.622489.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416274196.709710.jpg probably doesn't help but maybe food for thought.

Top Bottom