Smart Doors?

jkwebbie

I was wondering if anyone has ever used the smart doors on their Jeep and whether or not you like them? And how hard was it to install? I've been thinking about getting me a set for the Jeep, but I didn't know if I would be wasting my time and money :crazyeyes:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
It's a deal that you add to hold the door open. You add it to your existing doors by drilling a hole and bolting this to your doors in the door jam area. Makes it like other car doors. I like the idea but I take my doors off as much as I can and feel like that would be a pain with the smart door deal.

SilverBack

I think it is a simple removal of a pin to take off the doors. There is a pretty good video on YouTube about the install.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jkwebbie

Here's a link to them. And the video is in it too. It looks like it should work pretty good and plus I like not having to hold my door when I'm getting in and out of the Jeep when I go to the mall (just kidding guys). You guys think I should put this on my Xmas list this year? I've been a good boy! Maybe Santa will bring it to me! :)

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I think it is a simple removal of a pin to take off the doors. There is a pretty good video on YouTube about the install.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah it's been a while since I looked at them. Couldn't remember if it was a pin or bolts.

Ceithre

Sooo... If adding a rod to a door to keep it open makes it a "Smart" door. Then what does that make a Lamborghini door a genius door?:D

Top Bottom