3.0 Eco-diesel in a JK/JKU

SilverBack

Has anyone heard of or know about a shop or company that is transplanting the 3.0 liter ED into a wrangler JK or JKU? I would think this would be a pretty popular choice.

What say the masses?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

seanb123

I'd say the cost would be very high , and when out in the woods would you really want that diesel sound and smell. I know I don't but still a great concept for better mpg

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
Bruiser conversions is doing diesel swaps, Its a 3.9 4BT though. Once my engine or tranny go, I may consider this.

jasont0311

Caught the Bug
I know my reading comprehension isn't the best but it does say it comes with a rebuilt engine and transmission. I've been wrong before though.

SilverBack

Guys, I know the cummins is a great engine, hell I've been working on them for many years. Im specifically talking about the clean burning, very quiet, 3.0 liter ED. V6 for V6 swap. 30+MPG. I love the cummins engine but it is loud and smokes a lot at varying loads and speeds. I want a clean, quiet, reliable ED.........😎

Bacon

The latest edition of Jp magazine has an ad for Banks selling an engine (3.0 diesel), trans(5 speed auto) and tcase(2.72) as a package. No mention of price or if they'll have a JK install kit though. I checked the Banks website and found the package but it says to contact for price iirc. And no mention of an install kit ala motech.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using WAYALIFE mobile app

computeruser6

Guys, I know the cummins is a great engine, hell I've been working on them for many years. Im specifically talking about the clean burning, very quiet, 3.0 liter ED. V6 for V6 swap. 30+MPG. I love the cummins engine but it is loud and smokes a lot at varying loads and speeds. I want a clean, quiet, reliable ED.........

It depends upon which Cummins you get. For 2012 and up models Bruiser doesn't offer the 4BT option. I wouldn't want it anyway, that engine was never meant for light truck use. Might be good for the UPS truck or an electric generator but for that much I would also want a better engine. They offer a 4ISF conversion, it seemed decent from the video. I can't imagine any options for this being cheap, the 4ISF coversion costs $30,000. I think I'll just wait until my gas engine is near the end of its life to do something like this.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
My dad has the GC ecodiesel. What a gem of an engine. Power like a locomotive, smooth, quiet as hell, no smell, amazing. I WISH they put that motor into a JK. The emissions system would be quite a complicated swap me thinks.

BCD883CC-1CBD-45FA-BAB8-C74C728B8B91_zps1cum7t3n.jpg

Oh, and he's getting 42mpg highway, 26 in bumper to bumper traffic, and fills up once every 6 weeks (used to fill up AT LEAST once a week in his 2010 Acura RL)

MrHooah04

My dad has the GC ecodiesel. What a gem of an engine. Power like a locomotive, smooth, quiet as hell, no smell, amazing. I WISH they put that motor into a JK. The emissions system would be quite a complicated swap me thinks.

View attachment 110919

Oh, and he's getting 42mpg highway, 26 in bumper to bumper traffic, and fills up once every 6 weeks (used to fill up AT LEAST once a week in his 2010 Acura RL)

Well daaaamn 😳

northjeeper

I don't have any experience with the ecodiesel in the grand Cherokee but the diesel in my wife's '12 jetta (same engine cotty builts are swapping into jeeps) doesn't stink at all. As far as the noise goes you can tell it's a diesel buts it's not loud at all. Point being they don't stink and they're not loud.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I don't have any experience with the ecodiesel in the grand Cherokee but the diesel in my wife's '12 jetta (same engine cotty builts are swapping into jeeps) doesn't stink at all. As far as the noise goes you can tell it's a diesel buts it's not loud at all. Point being they don't stink and they're not loud.

My cousin in Israel drives a diesel golf (same engine as the jetta)....the GC diesel makes the VW diesel sound like a piece of mining equipment.

Md_rubi

10798_10204447853330444_4731129522185900117_n.jpg 10635710_10204447853650452_5108021520216518449_n.jpg
i've driven the Ecodiesel on the ram 1500 and I was very impressed. I know Burnsville did a 3.0 diesel back in 08? and they stated it wasn't cost prohibited and steering needed to be highly modified.
at SEMA there was a VM Diesel conversion

LeighP

If you absolutely just have to have an oil burner, why not keep it all JK and use factory parts and put a VM 2.8 CRD turbo in it? Probably every second LHD Euro spec JK would be a CRD, the Europeans love oil burners.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
If you absolutely just have to have an oil burner, why not keep it all JK and use factory parts and put a VM 2.8 CRD turbo in it? Probably every second LHD Euro spec JK would be a CRD, the Europeans love oil burners.

Because it's a POS tractor engine. I had one as a rental on a caribbean island, and it was horrible, especially when compared to my dad's 3.0CRD...one sounds like it runs on coal, the other on cream.

Top Bottom