C 02 sensor

brooklyn4x4

So my check engine light came on and I used my flash cal to find out its my c 02 sensor. I never changed one before but it looks easy enough. It looks like changing a spark plug, but before I get started I'm just looking for any advice or any problems to look out for.

First I have a 2007 jk with the 3.8 l and it looks like there are 2 co2 sensors ( if I'm wrong let me know) is it worth changing both at once.
And also is it worth buying the special slotted socket or can I just do it with a flat wrench or am I going to run the risk of rounding the heads out.

Any advice on do's and don't s appreciated :beer:

NHAkita

I've done a couple, never on a Jeep. If you don't have the socket try a flair nut wrench if you have a big enough one. The sensors I have replaced haven't come out without a fight and you may need a persuader bar if you don't use the socket and a breaker bar.

brooklyn4x4

I've done a couple, never on a Jeep. If you don't have the socket try a flair nut wrench if you have a big enough one. The sensors I have replaced haven't come out without a fight and you may need a persuader bar if you don't use the socket and a breaker bar.

Thanks for the advice yea I heard there fighters

Top Bottom