New advertisment banners

QRS

I had the same question yesterday, is this normal?.
Normally I'd have LoD or ORE ads. I'm in Mexico and I have a bank ad.

1416154889978.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry about that guys. We are in the process of updating our app and had been doing some testing with AdSense. I hope you can be understanding of the fact that it costs a lot of money for us to maintain a server a powerful as we have and to run a forum of this size with plans of it to only get bigger. While I am happy to offer the use of this forum to you for free, I do need to offset some of my expenses and what little I get from vendor advertisements isn't enough to make a difference. Things are still in the works and nothing is final so I hope you can be patient with us while we figure things out. Again, I hope you can be understanding of our need to explore these new options.

MTG

Caught the Bug
My favorite was "be naughty"

I'm going to do an install and a full write-up after I check it out. ;)

:cheesy:

Last edited:

QRS

Hey Eddie there is no need to explain a thing (even though it is appreciated).
As has been made perfectly clear this is your house, your forum and we are just guests in here.

And it's great being in here!!! :beer:

I was just wondering if some kind of spy/malware got into my phone :p
I'm glad it's not the case.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you, I really do appreciate your understanding. We will definitely try to make it so that registered members see as little of the new ads as possible.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
My favorite was "be naughty"

I'm going to do an install and a full write-up after I check it out. ;)

:cheesy:

I'll be interested in hearing what you think of the ride quality :shock: :brows: :cheesy:

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Gopher it Eddie! Advertising is a fact of business life and if you don't do it, you wind up sunk in mud a lot deeper than your axles. Besides, I've visited some of the advertisers I didn't know existed looking for parts for my MJ. All the best!:yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Gopher it Eddie! Advertising is a fact of business life and if you don't do it, you wind up sunk in mud a lot deeper than your axles. Besides, I've visited some of the advertisers I didn't know existed looking for parts for my MJ. All the best!:yup:

Thank you for your understanding and I'm glad to hear you've even found a few that have been helpful :yup:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
No worries Eddie. I can only imagine what it costs to maintain all of the stuff needed to keep the forum running smoothly. If some of those costs can be offset with a few ads here and there, I'm all for it. :thumb:

JKbrick

I wasn't complaining and being a business owner myself I completely understand how business works, I was afraid you had been hacked and was trying to watch out for your interests

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
No worries Eddie. I can only imagine what it costs to maintain all of the stuff needed to keep the forum running smoothly. If some of those costs can be offset with a few ads here and there, I'm all for it. :thumb:

Thanks Sharkey, I really do appreciate it and what we're really hoping to do is make it so that unregistered guests see the most ads. Not a whole lot we can do about the app other than make it so that we have as few coming up and in few places as possible.

I wasn't complaining and being a business owner myself I completely understand how business works, I was afraid you had been hacked and was trying to watch out for your interests

Thank you, I appreciate the concern, the heads up and most importantly, your understanding. :cool:

thardy

Banned

Couldn't have said it better myself!

Sent using Wayalife mobile app

trailless

Caught the Bug
It's not a problem! I love this forum so much that its the only Jeep forum I'm active on!! :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Jk909

Sorry about that guys. We are in the process of updating our app and had been doing some testing with AdSense. I hope you can be understanding of the fact that it costs a lot of money for us to maintain a server a powerful as we have and to run a forum of this size with plans of it to only get bigger. While I am happy to offer the use of this forum to you for free, I do need to offset some of my expenses and what little I get from vendor advertisements isn't enough to make a difference. Things are still in the works and nothing is final so I hope you can be patient with us while we figure things out. Again, I hope you can be understanding of our need to explore these new options.

If you can make money and keep the forum open for us then we all win man. I think you deserve it and we are lucky to have access to everything this forum has to offer. Cheers Eddie

Benito

Caught the Bug
I don't mind the new adds but i also wouldn't mind paying a small monthly subscription fee in lieu of adds. This is a service that I use on a regular basis, don't post much, but I am frequently browsing. Or a payed app.

seanb123

Ads are fine as long as they don't fully pop up cover the screen like on some games. Gotta do what you gotta do to pay the bills.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

It might be too complicated...but, could you set up a subscription type a deal for some of us that wouldn't mind paying for an ad-free experience? Or maybe less ads or whatever. Like someone else mentioned I've seen a new vendor or two which is real nice but I would like to keep it relevant and pay for that experience verses Adsense.

Top Bottom