Evo corner skins and tire carrier, in stages?

KingCopperhead

Question for those who have installed the evo corners and carrier: do the carrier mounts need to be installed with the skins off of the jeep? I might do the skins first, and then save a bit to do the carrier at a later time.

Also, what are you guys using for tail lights and reverse light solutions?

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I did my corners first then saved for the carrier. Corners stayed on. I used 4" round lights from I think tractor supply. I got rigid lights for reverse. Pretty solid set up, I'm glad I went this route. Zero regrets

Attachments

• 1416277516629.jpg
    1416277516629.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 312
  • 1416277545635.jpg
    1416277545635.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 311
EVO-1069.jpg ok, stupid question but this got me thinking of doing it in stages like olram30. My question is, how do the 4 corner pieces above the tire carrier in the picture connect to the skins? I am a visual guy if pictures are available. Thanks

MTG

Caught the Bug
ok, stupid question but this got me thinking of doing it in stages like olram30. My question is, how do the 4 corner pieces above the tire carrier in the picture connect to the skins? I am a visual guy if pictures are available. Thanks

They bolt on. I'm sure there are pics in the Knuckles thread, but I'm not going to go looking for them and you can see it in the pic posted above.

They bolt on. I'm sure there are pics in the Knuckles thread, but I'm not going to go looking for them and you can see it in the pic posted above.
Found some that JAGS had posted. I really like his lights too (ones with back up lights surrounding the tail lights). Thanks!!:thumb:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Why didn't you use them again, was it bc Genright carrier

-Nicco

Well that is part of it, never had time to come up with a good way to mount the carrier...and thought about switching to evo but it was more of a pain than I wanted to deal with selling and such (need to get stock tailgate hinges and no one who wanted it was close at the time). Also I may end up doing a stretch sometime down the line and the genright makes it very easy due to where the side latch plate it. Also don't like how they stop so short on a 2 door. I still may install them over winter, but doubt it.

KingCopperhead

Well that is part of it, never had time to come up with a good way to mount the carrier...and thought about switching to evo but it was more of a pain than I wanted to deal with selling and such (need to get stock tailgate hinges and no one who wanted it was close at the time). Also I may end up doing a stretch sometime down the line and the genright makes it very easy due to where the side latch plate it. Also don't like how they stop so short on a 2 door. I still may install them over winter, but doubt it.

If you still haven't mounted em up this spring I might be interested in them. Could probably just meet up at Rausch rather than ship. All depends on whether I buy em new before then.

FastZach

I noticed that the EVO tire carrier mounts to the rock skins with 4 bolts on each bracket.. Can you weld those if you want? Is that the best choice??

FastZach

No. They go thru the tub as well which makes them stronger.

Got it, thanks. What's the best way to paint the tire carrier and aluminum corners? Also, whats the best way to put reverse lights on?

Thanks for the help. Seriously looking at getting the tire carrier.

Top Bottom