PDA

View Full Version : 2014 Death Valley Thanksgiving Weekend Adventure 11/28-11/30

wayoflife
11-19-2014, 05:42 PM
http://project-jk.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=162311

I know this is kind of a last minute deal but, for those of you who have the time off and are looking for something to do, Cindy and I will be heading out to Death Valley Thanksgiving weekend (28th-30th) and would love to have you join us. As of now, the plan is to meet up in Ridgecrest on Friday morning and head back for home on Sunday. There are no minimum requirements for this trip and we will be staying in hotels for the two nights. Being a holiday weekend, rooms will be limited so please let me know if you'd like to join us as soon as possible and I will point you to where you need to make reservations.

The Plan
We will be meeting up in Walmart parking lot in Ridgecrest, CA on Friday, November 28th. Being that we don't have a lot of daylight to work with, we need to get an early start so please be there, gassed up and ready to roll by 8:30 AM.

If you're meeting up with us on Saturday, please be in Shoshone, CA and ready to roll by 9:30 AM. Trust me, you won't be able to miss us there.

What You Will Need
Service are limited all weekend so please be sure to pack plenty of snacks, meals and plenty of water for everyone in your Jeep and for the duration of the trip. Ideally, I'm hoping to have dinner at our destination on Friday night but don't plan on it. If something can go wrong on the trail, it typically does and it's better to be safe than sorry. Saturday morning, we should be able to get breakfast but, there won't be anything available again until dinner Saturday night. Food should be available there all night long but again, please come prepared with something just in case. Breakfast on Sunday should be no problem but there won't be anything available for lunch so again, please pack accordingly. It needs to be noted that there are NO grocery stores beyond Ridgecrest, just gas stops and whatever they have. Be sure to bring cash as credit cards and your ability to use them can sometimes be a hit and miss kind of thing.

There are no trash receptacle on this trip so please be prepared to pack out what you pack in. Also, for the most part, there are no restrooms on this trip or at least, very few. Please pack a small shovel and be prepared to burry your deposits.

Who's Going
1. Cindy & Eddie
2. Chris & Jen
3. RockyJK
4. Tony & Stephanie (Friday only)
5. Et (Friday only)
6. JAGS (Friday night - Sunday)
7. Joshua
8. Trail JK
9. simo
10. Wystdad (Friday/maybe Saturday)
11. AlStew
12. Brendon

Maybe List
1. Smokinjoe
2. JohnnyX
3. rubicrawl (Saturday only)
4. sean.m.adams33
5. miramontes
6. RBCON (Saturday only)

More information will be posted as they become available but, if you have any questions, please post them up here.

RockyJk
11-19-2014, 06:04 PM
I'm in, can't wait

wayoflife
11-19-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm in, can't wait

Awesome! I'll send you more info by PM in a moment.

Canvas JK
11-19-2014, 07:49 PM
You need to come to Texas:yup:

JeepFan
11-19-2014, 08:31 PM
Put me and GemHunter down for Friday please... :cool: We've been stuck in the desert far too long...Oh wait...:crazyeyes: :doh:

wayoflife
11-19-2014, 08:32 PM
Put me and GemHunter down for Friday please... :cool: We've been stuck in the desert far too long...Oh wait...:crazyeyes: :doh:

Awesome!! Looking forward to seeing the two of you again even if it's just for a day. :thumb:

RanchoRubi
11-19-2014, 09:52 PM
Eddie, I'm in for Friday. Haven't been out since the emigrant trail, geez:doh: looking forward to seeing everyone:thumb:

JAGS
11-19-2014, 10:55 PM
Hey Eddie,

The wife and I will be coming. Rooms booked. Wife has to work Friday, so we will be meeting up with you Friday night just in time for post dinner drinks. Then explore some trails Sat/Sun! We'll be bringing the kids along too. :yup:

Eddie, I'm in for Friday. Haven't been out since the emigrant trail, geez:doh: looking forward to seeing everyone:thumb:

What's up with the Friday only? Stay for the rest of the trip. If not maybe we'll have time to grab a drink before you head off. :thumb:

wayoflife
11-19-2014, 11:01 PM

Awesome! I'll get you added to the list now. It really has been too long. :yup:

Hey Eddie,

The wife and I will be coming. Rooms booked. Wife has to work Friday, so we will be meeting up with you Friday night just in time for post dinner drinks. Then explore some trails Sat/Sun! We'll be bringing the kids along too. :yup:

Right on, I'll get you added to the list now :thumb:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
11-20-2014, 01:37 AM
Aw man! This would have been a great way to celebrate turning 30! I just don't think I can swing this trip and another in a couple of weeks. :thinkingcap:

wayoflife
11-20-2014, 01:55 AM
Aw man! This would have been a great way to celebrate turning 30! I just don't think I can swing this trip and another in a couple of weeks. :thinkingcap:

Thanks for making me feel old my friend! LOL

Seriously, sorry that you can't make it. Happy early birthday to you.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
11-20-2014, 02:09 AM
Thanks for making me feel old my friend! LOL

Seriously, sorry that you can't make it. Happy early birthday to you.

Haha sorry bud! I think I'm going to get booted from the JKX Laughlin thing. I can check with you tomorrow if I do and see if I can't make reservations and attend this nice get away! Thank you for the early happy birthday wishes!

wayoflife
11-20-2014, 02:14 AM
Haha sorry bud! I think I'm going to get booted from the JKX Laughlin thing. I can check with you tomorrow if I do and see if I can't make reservations and attend this nice get away! Thank you for the early happy birthday wishes!

What? I didn't know you even made the minimum requirements for the JKX. :crazyeyes:

Well, if you can make it out, please let me know and I'll send you hotel info.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
11-20-2014, 02:39 AM
What? I didn't know you even made the minimum requirements for the JKX. :crazyeyes:

Well, if you can make it out, please let me know and I'll send you hotel info.

I didn't either :crazyeyes: I asked in my firsts messages but got a confirmation instead of an answer. I sent another to try and clarify. You'll know as soon as I do!

RockyJk
11-20-2014, 03:15 AM
Just reserved the rooms hope I got the right motels lol

wayoflife
11-20-2014, 03:16 AM
Sounds good. Rooms are limited so the sooner you can find out the better.

piginajeep
11-20-2014, 03:38 AM

Fyi the charge your card right away

www.toasterjeep.com

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
11-20-2014, 03:40 AM
Fyi the charge your card right away

www.toasterjeep.com

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of just reserving the room tonight but I'll wait till the morning when I know for sure.

wayoflife
11-20-2014, 04:08 AM

Perfect. I seriously doubt you can screw this up :D

Thanks for the heads up. I was thinking of just reserving the room tonight but I'll wait till the morning when I know for sure.

Sounds good.

JKRay
11-20-2014, 04:15 AM
Dang wish I could make it but I got other plans with the family you all have fun!!

wayoflife
11-20-2014, 04:23 AM
Dang wish I could make it but I got other plans with the family you all have fun!!

Bummer, it would have been good if you could have joined us for this one.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
11-20-2014, 06:22 PM
Got our reservations made! I need to go track down a nice bottle of Honey now.

wayoflife
11-20-2014, 06:27 PM

Awesome!! Looking forward to seeing you soon :thumb:

RockyJk
11-20-2014, 06:48 PM

Wait alcohol is going to be involved?? Haha 👍😁

AlStew
11-20-2014, 07:15 PM
I am definitely interested in attending! I have always been interested in death valley! The only thing is that I am still on stock suspension and still kind of a noob :(

OverlanderJK
11-20-2014, 07:18 PM
I am definitely interested in attending! I have always been interested in death valley! The only thing is that I am still on stock suspension and still kind of a noob :(

You will be fine with the trails they are running. Also this is the group you want to go with if you want to learn. Lots of knowledge between everyone.

Smokinjoe
11-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Eddie,
I met some of you the last time you guys went threw Ridgecrest, I am around Fri and Sat would like to join you please pm details.

Thx

sj

AlStew
11-20-2014, 07:46 PM
You will be fine with the trails they are running. Also this is the group you want to go with if you want to learn. Lots of knowledge between everyone.

Okay awesome! Thanks for letting me know. The wealth of knowledge from everyone that is going would be an experience in itself.

Eddie, please PM me as well so I may start looking at hotels and what days are best.

Thanks,

Alex

JohnnyX
11-20-2014, 07:46 PM
I'm in Los Angeles n would luv to go n break in my new ARB lockers n gears w/ u guys how do I get the details

OverlanderJK
11-20-2014, 07:47 PM
I'm in Los Angeles n would luv to go n break in my new ARB lockers n gears w/ u guys how do I get the details

You won't need lockers.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
11-20-2014, 10:59 PM
Wait alcohol is going to be involved?? Haha 👍😁

While we're at the hotels. We don't promote drinking and driving. 😁

RockyJk
11-21-2014, 12:46 AM
While we're at the hotels. We don't promote drinking and driving. 😁

Lol I'm down for parking lot shots 👍🍻

Panda
11-21-2014, 01:49 AM
Super bummed I just can't make this trip111547

rubicrawl
11-21-2014, 05:04 AM
Damn it I always miss these runs

Trail JK
11-21-2014, 05:31 AM
I'd like to join please! I have something on Sunday but I'll try and move it.

wayoflife
11-21-2014, 05:18 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence Adam :D
As mentioned, you'll be fine and this is a trip that I think you will enjoy :yup:

Eddie,
I met some of you the last time you guys went threw Ridgecrest, I am around Fri and Sat would like to join you please pm details.

Thx

sj

Info sent :yup:

Okay awesome! Thanks for letting me know. The wealth of knowledge from everyone that is going would be an experience in itself.

Eddie, please PM me as well so I may start looking at hotels and what days are best.

Thanks,

Alex

Info sent and I hope you can make it.

Info sent. Please let us know if you can make it so that I can add you guys to the list :yup:

wayoflife
11-21-2014, 05:20 PM
You won't need lockers.

What he said, lockers are not needed for this trip. There may be a couple of places where you will need 4WD but that's about it. This is an easy scenic trip. :yup:

Super bummed I just can't make this trip111547

Bummer that you can't make it. We'll definitely have to get more runs going this year and up north as well.

Damn it I always miss these runs

Been a long time since we've seen you last. Bummer you can't make it.

I'd like to join please! I have something on Sunday but I'll try and move it.

Info sent. Please let us know if you can still make it.

rubicrawl
11-21-2014, 06:35 PM
Hey brother I might be able to meet you guys Saturday just for the day with my son if that's cool

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
11-21-2014, 08:12 PM
Hey brother I might be able to meet you guys Saturday just for the day with my son if that's cool

Hope you can!

wayoflife
11-21-2014, 08:13 PM

If you're willing to make the drive out, we'd love to have you join us. We'll be meeting up early Saturday morning in Shoshone, CA. Let me know if you can make it. :yup:

JAGS
11-21-2014, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the updates in the "What you need" on the first post. Good to know we should pack supplies for the duration before heading out. :thumb: Told the kids yesterday and they were excited. I think my daughter was more excited Tessa was going to be there. :D

rubicrawl
11-22-2014, 03:45 AM
If you're willing to make the drive out, we'd love to have you join us. We'll be meeting up early Saturday morning in Shoshone, CA. Let me know if you can make it. :yup:

Ok cool I'll let you know if I'm going for sure when it gets closer

Trail JK
11-22-2014, 04:21 AM
More information will be posted as they become available but, if you have any questions, please post them up here.

Hi Eddie,
Will a stop at the racetrack be on the agenda?

Miramontes
11-22-2014, 05:21 AM
Eddie, please put us down for maybe. Need to see if my wife will be free.

Please send details,

Chris

sean.m.adams33
11-22-2014, 04:12 PM
We would love to come, are dogs allowed? Serious question...

wayoflife
11-22-2014, 04:47 PM
Hi Eddie,
Will a stop at the racetrack be on the agenda?

Sorry, not on this trip.

Eddie, please put us down for maybe. Need to see if my wife will be free.

Please send details,

Chris

I'll send over info to you now.

We would love to come, are dogs allowed? Serious question...

We are bringing ours as we always do but dogs are not allowed at major attractions, even if on a leash. Just something to know. I will PM you lodging info if you still want to come.

wayoflife
11-23-2014, 01:30 AM
Okay guys, it has been confirmed that rooms as our first night destination is all booked up. If you still want to come, there is camping available near by or, you should be able to find lodging in Pahrump which is about 20 minutes to the east. Unfortunately, that's the best I can suggest at this point and time. Either way, I'd be grateful if you could chime in if you've been able to book your rooms and are coming.

Also, if you haven't done so already, please check the first post on this thread for updates.

Wytsdad
11-23-2014, 04:09 AM
Hey Eddie, count me in for Friday and possibly Saturday.

simo
11-23-2014, 03:59 PM
We just got our rooms booked for Friday and Saturday.

We will see you on Saturday morning.

What time will we departing on Saturday Morning?

Simo & Vanessa

compton94
11-23-2014, 05:41 PM
I just saw this, would have loved to go. Since i haven't gone there before and new to keeping, was planning a trip on February. What would be a good easy/moderate trail to take and camp out at? I know Eddie and Cindy know the area...😀 thanks all for your suggestions. Enjoy your trip

wayoflife
11-23-2014, 09:53 PM
Okay, I just updated the list and believe I have responded back to everyone by PM. If I have not, please let me know.

Again, updated information is posted at the beginning of the thread. For those of you who are still interested in joining us. Rooms have been filled at our first night stop but you should be able to find lodging in Pahrump.

wayoflife
11-23-2014, 09:55 PM
I just saw this, would have loved to go. Since i haven't gone there before and new to keeping, was planning a trip on February. What would be a good easy/moderate trail to take and camp out at? I know Eddie and Cindy know the area... thanks all for your suggestions. Enjoy your trip

Pretty much all of Death Valley is easy. Back country camping is limited and no camp fires are allowed in National Parks except for in designated camp grounds. It's a big park so I'd have to know where about you want to be to point you in the right direction.

RBCON
11-24-2014, 04:19 PM
Eddie,

Can you put me down as a maybe for Saturday only? What time should I be in Shoshone Saturday if I make it?

wayoflife
11-24-2014, 04:42 PM
Eddie,

Can you put me down as a maybe for Saturday only? What time should I be in Shoshone Saturday if I make it?

Yeah, I'll add you to the list now. We will be eating breakfast in town so we probably won't be rolling until 9:30 AM.

Stegertime
11-24-2014, 04:48 PM
Wish I could make it, been wanting to join a trip since I came on board, but already have family plans that I can't break. Looking forward to the next one, have fun out there! 😄👍

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
11-24-2014, 05:29 PM
Wish I could make it, been wanting to join a trip since I came on board, but already have family plans that I can't break. Looking forward to the next one, have fun out there! 😄👍

You need to choose between your family and your WAYALIFE family. I kid....a lot of the runs and Suds N Grubs are kind of short notice. The sacrifices are worth it though 😎👍🇺🇸

Stegertime
11-24-2014, 05:31 PM
You need to choose between your family and your WAYALIFE family. I kid....a lot of the runs and Suds N Grubs are kind of short notice. The sacrifices are worth it though 😎👍🇺🇸

Totally agree, usually the wife is good to go. This year we are seeing her grandmother who is rarely able to make the trips to SoCal bc of her age so we have to keep this one locked in, but will definitely put WOL family first next round! 😄✌️

JKRay
11-25-2014, 03:12 AM
Bummer, it would have been good if you could have joined us for this one.

Yea I wish I could too but I got family here plus I have some jeep maintenance that's well over due haha You guys have a shot and a beer for me! 😁🍻

Duds0311
11-25-2014, 03:26 PM
i cant make it on this trip, but i have a question....

Can any jeep go on these trips or are they just JK trips?

I as because i drive a XJ and would love to be able to tag along on a trip someday!

wayoflife
11-25-2014, 03:35 PM
Bummer you guys can't make it but, family should always come first. We'll be doing more runs for sure and maybe you can make our New Years kick off which will take place the first weekend of the year. :yup:

i cant make it on this trip, but i have a question....

Can any jeep go on these trips or are they just JK trips?

I as because i drive a XJ and would love to be able to tag along on a trip someday!

WAYALIFE is a JEEP forum and not a JK specific one. ALL Jeeps are welcome to join us :yup:

Duds0311
11-25-2014, 04:11 PM
Awesome! I look forward to making it out soon!

getoverit
11-26-2014, 03:30 PM
We're heading down to Death Valley on Wed. and would like to meet up with you Friday night. Where are you staying Friday & Sat.? We'll see if we can get a room so we can join you Sat. & Sun.

wayoflife
11-26-2014, 03:39 PM
We're heading down to Death Valley on Wed. and would like to meet up with you Friday night. Where are you staying Friday & Sat.? We'll see if we can get a room so we can join you Sat. & Sun.

Awesome!! Most of us are staying in Shoshone on Friday but, the only hotel there is now booked. I believe a couple of people will be camping at the RV park next door and others are staying in Pahrump which is about half an hour to the east. On Saturday night, we have rooms booked at the Death Valley Inn in Beatty. I hope you can make it.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
11-26-2014, 03:44 PM
We should start a running tally on how many runs/Suds N Grubs that rubicrawl is on the maybe list and doesn't come :cheesey:

getoverit
11-26-2014, 03:56 PM
Awesome!! Most of us are staying in Shoshone on Friday but, the only hotel there is now booked. I believe a couple of people will be camping at the RV park next door and others are staying in Pahrump which is about half an hour to the east. On Saturday night, we have rooms booked at the Death Valley Inn in Beatty. I hope you can make it.

We have reservations in Beatty on Friday and will try to make it to Shoshone by 9:00 am Sat. to join you! We'll see if we can get a reservation for Sat. in Beatty as well. Sounds like we just might be able to join you!

Trail JK
11-26-2014, 05:58 PM

Wanted to give an update... I'm booked at Saddle West in Pahrump on Friday night in case anyone else is heading that way. Also, I'll have one of my dogs with us on the trip because she is too mischievous to stay home alone (10 months). Looking forward to meeting some new friends and heading out for a few days. :)

wayoflife
11-26-2014, 05:59 PM
Wanted to give an update... I'm booked at Saddle West in Pahrump on Friday night in case anyone else is heading that way. Also, I'll have one of my dogs with us on the trip because she is too mischievous to stay home alone (10 months). Looking forward to meeting some new friends and heading out for a few days. :)

Awesome!! Thanks for the update and looking forward to seeing you soon.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
11-26-2014, 06:31 PM
Gonna be a nice turnout! Going to be fun!

AlStew
11-27-2014, 12:13 AM
Just booked a spot at the campground on Friday.

There was cancellation at the Shoshone Inn on Friday if anybody wants to snag it!

crowrb29
11-27-2014, 12:58 AM
Haven't been on the forum at all for the past few months due to work commitments. Sure wish I could have heard about this sooner. Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

wayoflife
11-27-2014, 01:07 AM
Just booked a spot at the campground on Friday.

There was cancellation at the Shoshone Inn on Friday if anybody wants to snag it!

Awesome!! I just added you to the going list and will look forward to seeing you!

Also, thanks for the heads up on the Shoshone Inn. Hopefully someone here can grab it.

Haven't been on the forum at all for the past few months due to work commitments. Sure wish I could have heard about this sooner. Have a great weekend everyone and Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!!

Bummer you can't make it out.

CarsonCindy
11-27-2014, 01:44 AM
Just picked up some essential supplies for the fun weekend ahead of us! Get ready to be STUNG! :)

JAGS
11-27-2014, 01:55 AM
Oh wow. 🐝 💥🔥

I was thinking more traditional in my supply run today 😉. Should make for some fun times!!

wayoflife
11-27-2014, 02:01 AM
Woohoo!! Looking forward to this :)

thardy
11-27-2014, 02:33 AM
Man I wish I lived out west! Would love to be able to join on one of these runs.

RockyJk
11-27-2014, 02:37 AM
Oh damn looks like I need to bring a bottle haha anyone want some absinthe got a bottle of that chilling at home 😁

piginajeep
11-27-2014, 01:16 PM
Just picked up some essential supplies for the fun weekend ahead of us! Get ready to be STUNG! :)

I haven't had this yet.. 😍

Only 12 hours of work to go..

wayoflife
11-27-2014, 05:24 PM
For those of you who will be joining us on this epic adventure, I would be grateful if you could please click on the link below and post up all the photos you take on this trip to this thread as well. :yup:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?22292-2014-WAYALIFE-Death-Valley-Thanksgiving-Weekend-Adventure-Photo-Thread!!

Look forward to seeing you all soon!!

catahoula
11-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Oh wow.  

I was thinking more traditional in my supply run today . Should make for some fun times!!

MMMMMMMMM! Got two of the three you have. Love that Rum Chata. Try it with root beer. Tastes like a root beer float. Anybody taste the AM sting yet? Please tell me how it tastes.

wayoflife
11-27-2014, 06:39 PM
Fireball and rumchata is awesome - basically cinnamon toast crunch! Honey sting is better than regular honey in that it's not as sweet - we love it.

catahoula
11-27-2014, 07:16 PM
Fireball and rumchata is awesome - basically cinnamon toast crunch! Honey sting is better than regular honey in that it's not as sweet - we love it.

Gotta make a trip into town for supplies!

wayoflife
11-28-2014, 01:48 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to add an update and let you know that the Walmart parking lot might be crazy full tomorrow morning. We will be parked in the adjacent former Staples parking lot near Jack in the Box.

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
11-28-2014, 04:52 AM
Hey guys, just wanted to add an update and let you know that the Walmart parking lot might be crazy full tomorrow morning. We will be parked in the adjacent former Staples parking lot near Jack in the Box.

Sounds good thanks for the update!

Brendon
11-28-2014, 04:55 AM

Copy that,

AlStew
11-29-2014, 03:56 AM
East bound & down to wheel. See you guys in Shoshone in a little over an over!

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
11-29-2014, 03:57 AM
East bound & down to wheel. See you guys in Shoshone in a little over an over!

Hurry up :cheesy:

AlStew
11-29-2014, 04:03 AM
Hurry up :cheesy:

Haha I'm trying!

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua
11-29-2014, 06:05 AM
Haha I'm trying!

What happened to ya??