Drag Link Flip choices?

BumpStick

I've see that Rock Krawler, Rubicon Express, and EVO all make drag link flip kit to correct the steering geometry and track bar mount for when you lift 4" like I am. Are there any other companies who's kit I should look at?

What personal experience do you have with any of them? I'm looking for the one that will give me the best value for my dollar.

Last edited by a moderator:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm assuming you meant to say "drag link flip"? If so, I personally like the EVO kit because it's simple and effective but, the AEV kit works well too.

NAUJK

I'm assuming you meant to say "drag link flip"? If so, I personally like the EVO kit because it's simple and effective but, the AEV kit works well too.

Whoa Eddie did you just say AEV works well?? You can't do that you hate then! ;)

I loved my evo kit it worked very well and simple ish installation just make sure you torque everything right if one bolt in it comes loose it causes problems. JK12 here had the AEV kit but said it was in the way for evo c gusset installation. He now had my evo bracket since my prorock came with one welded on.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Feathead

Check out Spohn's Mountain Goat series. I think it is the most robust bracket design out there.
Most people haven't even heard of them but their products are top of the line.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Check out Spohn's Mountain Goat series. I think it is the most robust bracket design out there.
Most people haven't even heard of them but their products are top of the line.

You're right, never heard of them and I've been in the industry a long time. Just checked their website and couldn't even find it. Still, if you're happy with what you got, more power to you. Me, I've yet to see a need for anything more than what I have or even what I have seen made by other well known companies that have been around for a long time. :yup:

You're right, never heard of them and I've been in the industry a long time. Just checked their website and couldn't even find it. Still, if you're happy with what you got, more power to you. Me, I've yet to see a need for anything more than what I have or even what I have seen made by other well known companies that have been around for a long time. :yup:

I just checked their website and found the drag link flip. To me it seems a little weak. Pictures do not do metal pieces justice. The photo shows only on U Bolt holding it to the axle.

R/
Will

Feathead

I dont know. I'm using the app and replied. I dont know what bump means. Thought it was a dance in the 70's.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I dont know. I'm using the app and replied. I dont know what bump means. Thought it was a dance in the 70's.

"Bumping" means to reply to a thread... Like I'm doing now.

Also - Welcome to WOL! Stop by the give us a wave section and say hello.

Feathead

Okay just to try and clear things up. Bumpstick asked the question which drag link lips should be looked at and I replied my opinion. Then I got a response from wayoflife that said "LOL! You bumped this thread just to say that?". I don't know why but now his post does not say that anymore I think it must have gotten edited out. It just sounded like he was ridiculing me about my opinion.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Okay just to try and clear things up. Bumpstick asked the question which drag link lips should be looked at and I replied my opinion. Then I got a response from wayoflife that said "LOL! You bumped this thread just to say that?". I don't know why but now his post does not say that anymore I think it must have gotten edited out. It just sounded like he was ridiculing me about my opinion.

actually his reply was a little different than how your remembering it and no it was not edited. see below

Feathead

The original comment started off with "lol! You bumped this thread to say that?"
I'm not imagining things. Thats what it said.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The original comment started off with "lol! You bumped this thread to say that?"
I'm not imagining things. Thats what it said.

and im telling you that you can see edits when people make them because its notated down at the bottom of the post.

editing this post to show you what it looks like.

Last edited:

noroad

I've see that Rock Krawler, Rubicon Express, and EVO all make drag link flip kit to correct the steering geometry and track bar mount for when you lift 4" like I am. Are there any other companies who's kit I should look at?

What personal experience do you have with any of them? I'm looking for the one that will give me the best value for my dollar.

I have the rubicon express one and it is ok havent had any problems,(199$) i have heard good things about synergy's as well but havent run it (200$). I just bought the evo flip kit for our other jeep and the kit looks pretty solid have not installed yet, I have heard good things about this as well.(299$) i guess you could look at it a couple different ways, one i put the prices up to show they are all about the same with the evo being a little more. but remember in the evo kit it will also move you SS up at the same time so that is a cost later if you dont have it and got with another kit.

J_KaBoB417

Hello all, I've talked to the guys up at Northridge4x4 and they recommended the synergy high steer kit. They said that the EVO was beefy but they actually preferred the the Synergy kit. Any input? I'm also in the process of a decent build and I'm super stoked! Dec 1st and the fun begins.

noroad

Hello all, I've talked to the guys up at Northridge4x4 and they recommended the synergy high steer kit. They said that the EVO was beefy but they actually preferred the the Synergy kit. Any input? I'm also in the process of a decent build and I'm super stoked! Dec 1st and the fun begins.

the synergy is nice like i said but the reason i did not get it is the reason it is nice. Hang with me here, the adjuster on the synergy is a bolt style and tends to be very hard to adjust for northern people that deal with salt. This is what i have heard and talk to people about, which is the reason i did not go with it.

Attachments

• sysnergy.jpg
    sysnergy.jpg
    10.5 KB · Views: 53

Welcome to the WAYALIFE. Please stop by the Give Us a Wave thread and introduce yourself.

R/
Will

Top Bottom