Steering wheel shim

Ant's JK

Just a question about the shim I'm having I know it has to do tire balance but sometime it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Is this more then a balancing issue?

Just a question about the shim I'm having I know it has to do tire balance but sometime it happens and sometimes it doesn't. Is this more then a balancing issue?

Does the shim appear at set speed?

Also check your tire wear and pressure. Had an issue once when I was running Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's and my tire pressure was too high causing the tires to wear unevenly and cup which caused a shimmy at certain speeds. Balanced the tires and chalk tested the tires for correct pressure and the issue went away.

R/
Will

From 40 mph to approximately 48. But its not all the time

I would start with balancing the tires and chalk test. I was able to get mine done for $10 a piece at a local tire store.

I would then do a chalk test to see what pressure you should run for your specific tires.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
what canvas said. i would check your tire pressure as well make sure your tires are balanced. mine would do that when they were out of balance. also when you get them balanced i HIGHLY suggest you look for a place that does road force balancing. i noticed a huge difference between a roadforce and a static balance.

Top Bottom