Small lift, alignment

Just making sure i understand this right.... i installed a 2.5" coil lift, and put 295/70r17s on factory wheels w/ 1.5 spacers. Is recentering the steering wheel the only thing that should need done? It seems like it wants to pull to the right.

Are the coils the only parts you changed (besides tires)?

Some tires have a radial pull, or you could have tire. Try rotating them to see if something changes. If it does, you likely have a bad tire. If it doesn't, you might either have a radial pull or something else at work. We will need to know all the parts that were changed to help more.

Yes re-centering your steering wheel is important.

As for the pulling that seems to be normal. Depending on the type of tire the Jeep will pull slightly because of the lugs and how the road is graded. I have the same issue with Nitto Trail Grapplers.

Yea coils and shock extensions. From what im reading, steering alignment couldnt have changed. Is it possible that the steering wheel isnt "centered" enough? And that is my traction control initiating the "pull"?

jkuone

Just making sure i understand this right.... i installed a 2.5" coil lift, and put 295/70r17s on factory wheels w/ 1.5 spacers. Is recentering the steering wheel the only thing that should need done? It seems like it wants to pull to the right.

I would check make sure steering wheel is centered for sure. Are you getting tradition control light on dash ?
Wouldn't hurt to see if you can find a shop to check alignment, just so you know what your numbers are
To have on hand....

Yes re-centering your steering wheel is important.

As for the pulling that seems to be normal. Depending on the type of tire the Jeep will pull slightly because of the lugs and how the road is graded. I have the same issue with Nitto Trail Grapplers.

Ill dbl check wheel centering. I have never had the trac lite come on so im assuming that means it hasnt activated?! Could be normal i suppose. It doesnt do it all the time or really bad. Just didnt do it before the lift and i want to be sure i didnt miss anything important.

Top Bottom