The 2015 Jeep Renegade to Sell "Well Below $20k"!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's official!! At the 2014 L.A. Auto show, FCA announced that the all new 2015 Jeep Renegade will sell, and I quote, "well below $20,000" and this INCLUDES 4-Wheel Drive models!! This of course is fantastic news and what I had assumed all along. Check it out...

Renegade mini-Jeep on sale in January 'well below' $20k

635520236803350283-IMG-0123.jpg

LOS ANGELES -- Jeep will put its small Renegade on sale in January, starting "well below" $20,000. Even -wheel drive, models still will come in at less than $20,000, Jeep says.

Based on the same underpinnings as the Fiat 500X, the Renegade already is being sold overseas as a 2015 model, and for consistency, the U.S. version will be called a 2015 also, even though it could be tagged a 2016 under U.S. regulations.

A manual transmission, rare in an SUV, will be offered on the front-wheel and all-wheel drive models.

Jeep, a Fiat Chrysler Automobiles brand, has tested the small utility in challenging off-road terrain and believes it will perform well enough that one version, called Trailhawk, will carry the "Trail Rated" badge. The designation distinguishes Jeeps suitable for hard-core off-road driving from those better suited for all-weather and all-road use.

Renegade joins an almost explosively growing small SUV segment that barely existed just a few years ago. Often called city utes, they are aimed at people who want versatile vehicles but often have limited parking space, or who need the additional fuel economy of a small vehicle.

Renegade will offer two engines:

•1.4-liter MultiAir turbocharged four-cylinder rated 160 horsepower and 184 pounds-feet of torque.
•2.4-liter Tigershark four-cylinder rated 184 hp, 177 lbs.-ft.

Transmissions will be six-speed manual or nine-speed automatic, depending model.

Published on USA Today:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/money/cars/2014/11/19/jeep-renegade-20000-fiat-500x/19298845/

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
thats awesome news!! this should do very well then indeed at "well below 20k" on jsut about all models!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great news, I'll be getting a manual 4wd. I want the turbo sound !

Man, I so wish they would offer the Trailhawk in a manual. I so miss driving one!!

If you make it down to the show, they do have an orange one for you to sit in :brows:

JAGS

Hooked
This is good news. I wonder how much the option packages are going to be. Though its a toaster, I want to have the luxuries. ;) Just hope that doesn't take it out of $$ range.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
This is good news. I wonder how much the option packages are going to be. Though its a toaster, I want to have the luxuries. ;) Just hope that doesn't take it out of $$ range.

I still stand by what I've been saying all along. A base model Renegade will most likely start at about $17,000... maybe $16,999 just for posterity. A fully loaded Trailhawk will most likely come in at a low $20,000... maybe $22,000-ish.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Man, I so wish they would offer the Trailhawk in a manual. I so miss driving one!!

If you make it down to the show, they do have an orange one for you to sit in :brows:

If I knew for a fact I could sit in one, I would go look at them. I wonder what motor puts out the best mpg. That's the one I'll be going with.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
If I knew for a fact I could sit in one, I would go look at them. I wonder what motor puts out the best mpg. That's the one I'll be going with.

You know, that's a damn good question. In the past, a manual would have it hands down but of course, in the past, autos were typically only 3-speeds. With the 9-speed auto that the Renegade will have, I'd have to think it would do better.

JAGS

Hooked
I still stand by what I've been saying all along. A base model Renegade will most likely start at about $17,000... maybe $16,999 just for posterity. A fully loaded Trailhawk will most likely come in at a low $20,000... maybe $22,000-ish.

Then another $20K for the EVO DTD. ;):cheesy:

I wonder how far in advance Jeep will launch the build and price feature? If these are launching in Jan, you'd figure soon for buyers who want to customize. From the Features and Specs sheets you posted on ToasterJeep.com, there's a lot of optional equip, even for the Trailhawk.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Also, I posted up more pics on www.ToasterJeep.com and in it, you will see a shot of people sitting in it. Cindy and I were supposed to be at this show but thought that they would just have the same Renegades as at SEMA but now are kind of bummed to see they have this orange one there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Then another $20K for the EVO DTD. ;):cheesy:

I wonder how far in advance Jeep will launch the build and price feature? If these are launching in Jan, you'd figure soon for buyers who want to customize. From the Features and Specs sheets you posted on ToasterJeep.com, there's a lot of optional equip, even for the Trailhawk.

Funny, Cindy and I were just having this same discussion. If I could guess, the build and price feature on their website will go live in late December.

SilverBack

Can you tell me how the drivers seat and pedals will accommodate someone about 4'7"? Looking at one for the wife.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Can you tell me how the drivers seat and pedals will accommodate someone about 4'7"? Looking at one for the wife.

The Jeep Renegade is a smaller vehicle and having sat in one, can tell you that I think your wife would fit great in one. The more surprising thing about these new sub-compact Jeep's is that it's actually very roomy inside and with a lot of head room. In other words, I think a tall guy can even drive one with ease.

SilverBack

The Jeep Renegade is a smaller vehicle and having sat in one, can tell you that I think your wife would fit great in one. The more surprising thing about these new sub-compact Jeep's is that it's actually very roomy inside and with a lot of head room. In other words, I think a tall guy can even drive one with ease.

Thanks, I've tried finding one here for her to sit in and maybe even drive but they sell as soon as they hit the showroom floor. They go for more than 25k Euro here!

Top Bottom