budget stubby bumper

Ok peeps, i need some input. The factory bumper on my jku came dinged up when i bought it so im lookin to replace it. Dont have alot to spend and i want a stubby style so heres what im debating. Rugged ridge all terrain stubby vs. Or fab stubby. Im not planning on a winch anytime soon. Just want d rings and a spot for factory fogs. Any ideas are welcome.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
You can get this bumper (in black powder coat not this red this was for SEMA) with out the winch plate or light guard for under $350. ;)
Made in the USA.
The brackets for the stock fogs are a bit more, FYI.
Good luck!

DSC06449_zpsd34c3103.jpg

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I'll be honest I liked the Rancho, but went with a Warn Rock Crawler Stubby. It handles what you are looking for and cost effective.

IMG_20140207_080548.jpg

Got mine with plate and factory fog light mounts just had to be drilled out more. Under $400. Get a friend to help it is heavy when it lands on you if installing by yourself.

Last edited:

Brankz

Posion spider trail stinger 375 out the door from northridge and this bumper looks bad ass
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416538648.571612.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416538715.175887.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416538761.850605.jpg

You can also buy the Evo 1/4 punter with out the stinger for 360ish and later on you can add the stinger for 200 more I belive

bdavid

If you dont mind cutting a little of your frame Crawler Conceptz Skinny series is a very nicely built bumper.. I just installed the Skinny front and rear on my jk and they fit and look great..

Brankz

If you dont mind cutting a little of your frame Crawler Conceptz Skinny series is a very nicely built bumper.. I just installed the Skinny front and rear on my jk and they fit and look great..

Crawler conceptz sucks they ripp off posion spider

bdavid

Here are some facts about C.C. There product is as stout as any other top manufacture out. They have a very competitive price and outstanding customer service.

I have there bumpers and they are absolutely solid. I believe everyone is entitled to a opinion but you should at least look the part over before you state its junk...

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
No it's not. Get your facts straight. The guy who owns CC was an engineer or designer at poison spider. They didn't rip off anything.

Here are some facts about C.C. There product is as stout as any other top manufacture out. They have a very competitive price and outstanding customer service.

I have there bumpers and they are absolutely solid. I believe everyone is entitled to a opinion but you should at least look the part over before you state its junk...

I imagine CC is probably a pretty good product if the owner was an Engineer for Poison Spider. I honestly have only recently started hearing people talk about their products.

HILLZ

I'm sure there is a thread on how to somewhere, why not just chop the factory bumper and turn it into a stubby

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I imagine CC is probably a pretty good product if the owner was an Engineer for Poison Spider. I honestly have only recently started hearing people talk about their products.

They are a new company. That's probably why. ;)

I have no experience with them and probably never will.

I'm sure there is a thread on how to somewhere, why not just chop the factory bumper and turn it into a stubby

I have seen some threads on that and it actually doesnt look too bad. Not sure how to close up the ends though.

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Stub Bumper

This is the one I have. I love it. I did some modifications to it. The thing I liked was that it maintained the original factory fog lights, d-rings and it had a built in winch plate. Best of all, it is only 282.00 dollars.

http://www.quadratec.com/products/12050_140X_PG.htm

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 218
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    130.8 KB · Views: 218
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 217

bdavid

20141121_120502.jpg 20141121_120358.jpg 20140222_150337.jpg 20140222_150327.jpg This was my stock I cut down. I didn't do a write up on it but it was very simple. I cut it on the jeep then hollowed the ends out and screwed them on from the back side.

The other pics are C.C. Skinny front and rear

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Thanks for that cozdude. So many choices...

your welcome. if you want to do something now thats free and temporary while you look for exactly what you want i highly suggest it. IMO it makes a huge difference on how the jeep looks.

Top Bottom