Idea for new wrangler

There is a lot of rumor for the new upcoming wrangler. Independent axles, aluminium body and smaller turbocharged engines. Mostly because the feel they have to decrease the fuel consumption. Nothing of that seems like a great idea if you asked me. I want the wrangler to stay wrangler.

How hard can it be just to make a new transfercase with 2 input axles and two outputs instead of 1 input and two outputs like it is today. On the second input connect a electric motor and place a large battery pack opposite the gastank.

I mean, wrangler has a lot of space underneeth and engenering a new transfercase must be something that can be done. With the transfercase stick you can then chose between 2 hi, 2 hi electric 4 hi 4 hi electric and so on. With decent batterypack the car should at least manage to make 100 km before the batterypacks needs to be recharged. With 100 km something like 90 to 95 percent of all driving could be done on the battery like when driving the kids to school, going to work or going to the food market. Wheen going for longer adventure travels, just switch over to the combustion engine, wheel and have fun.

In my case most of my fuel burning comes from all those short distance. My 2012 sahara is my dd and all the driving to school, food market and work make the fuel consumption horrible. But all of this driving is only short range wich means that with the electric motor behind the transfercase I should be able to cut down fuelcost with maybee somnething like 70 percent. On the highway on the other hand I think the fuel consumption actually is ok on the wrangler.

Sorry for bad english but I´m swedish and english is not my mother tounge.

Happy wheeling!

KingCopperhead

As long as jeep keeps selling lots of toasterjeeps and higher mpg rated vehicles we won't have to sweat the mpg as hard. Interesting first post though, welcome to WAYALIFE

Top Bottom