Excuse me, I just had a Jeepgasm.

BillTheCat

Replaced my 01 Wrangler Sport with:

1121141405a.jpg

A 3.5" TereaFlex Medium arm lift is on its way. Questions regrading wheels. I'm researching 35" tires but I want opinions on the size of wheels to get. 16 or 17's??? Your thoughts?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
17's as it provides a wider range of tires to choose from and congrats on the new rig!

jeeeep

Hooked
Replaced my 01 Wrangler Sport with:

View attachment 111742

A 3.5" TereaFlex Medium arm lift is on its way. Questions regrading wheels. I'm researching 35" tires but I want opinions on the size of wheels to get. 16 or 17's??? Your thoughts?

I'd go with 17's most aftermarket brake kits are for 17 and larger wheels, including the new Dynatrac Pro Brake kit soon to be released

Nice trade! I'm back on the wagon thinking about buying another new Jeep - my daughter informed me again I promised her I would give her my Jeep when she gets her license and if she kept her grades up, she's a straight A student :eek:

BillTheCat

My daughter is a Chemistry major at the University of Utah in the honors program. She's cost me major $$$$ but I could not be prouder and that was never the incentive. Think she got it from my side of the family. ;)

Attachments

• 1121141405a.jpg
    1121141405a.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 236
  • Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 233

JCDriller

Congrats on the new jeep.

Agreed! Nice ride:thumb:

17" is what I'd go with for tire options and breaks.

Also, just an option if you want to put money somewhere else at first is to install 1.5" adapters and run the factory wheels with your 35s. Not the best option on the table, but it is commonly done with success and would allow you to invest the difference in other modifications.

uechiyondan

Very nice choice.
I would recommend 17" wheels, more tire choices and les potential problems with brake clearances. They will be fine with 35" tires, you can air down no problem and with a good lift kit you should have a good ride.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats to you on your new Jeep! As mentioned, 17" is what you want to go with if only because there are a lot more tire options available to you.

Top Bottom