Best long arm lift

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What long arm lift do you recommend. I was looking at the teraflex long arm 4 inch. I have a 2013 2dr jk with 37s

You mean this TeraFlex long arm kit?

tf-break.jpg

tf-break-01.jpg

So that it's clear, this is their long arm kit that they installed on their own Jeep. You can read more about their breaks here:
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4743-TeraFlex-Long-Arm-Bracket-Break&highlight=teraflex+break

I have installed and run both the Full Traction long arm kit and now the EVO long arm kit and they have both proven to be great setups. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend either.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Maybe they didn't torque it correctly....
Yeah, that's definitely installer error.

Hahahahahahaha

I almost kept a straight face, but what can I say, I guess I "cracked"

As Dennis from TeraFlex himself once said, he has "never seen a problem when the instructions are followed." I would have loved to hear what he had to say about this. Install error? Or, was it just a crappy product? :idontknow:

My lift right now is a 4 inch rough country and its falling apart on me with broken threads inside control arms and all my joints are bad. Springs sag really bad (my jeep is light).

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Didn't teraflex change there brackets and have apparently fixed the problem?

They've changed the design several times but, as you can see in these screen shots, the metal bracket just tore off. Oh, and before anyone tries to suggest that we're looking at an old video, this happened earlier this year at Winter at the Rocks. In other words, it's their most current setup. Try as I would, I simply can't make this stuff up.

But hey, if you still want to put your faith in TeraFlex, it's your Jeep and your money. :yup:

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
My lift right now is a 4 inch rough country and its falling apart on me with broken threads inside control arms and all my joints are bad. Springs sag really bad (my jeep is light).

Remember, you get what you pay for. And you current problems are a perfect example. TF will only open a whole new can of worms.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Unfortunately, Rough Country isn't exactly known for the quality of their products.

jmatta33

you get what you pay for. my first jeep I planned on going with rough country until I started reading and educated myself. That being said, plan on getting the EVO long arms for my setup.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
So what do you recommend. I need it to last as long as possible

I have a four door so I plan on doing the 3" EVO enforcer once I save up. Im pretty much going to copy Olram30's current dozer setup. I am running the RC series 2 spacer kit to give me some ground clearance. I apologize if I came off like a dick in my previous post. I should have explained myself more. Did you have to relocate your frame control arm mounts?

Top Bottom