3.6pentastar vs the 3.8

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Can anyone contribute to how worse the 3.8 actually is? Im thinking of trading in my jeep for a two door and theres a nice used 2012 there. Is it that big of a difference to downgrade? Eventually both will be on 37s with 5.13s. Thanks

Both will be manual trans

Jackal01

Can anyone contribute to how worse the 3.8 actually is? Im thinking of trading in my jeep for a two door and theres a nice used 2012 there. Is it that big of a difference to downgrade? Eventually both will be on 37s with 5.13s. Thanks

Both will be manual trans

You have a 2013, right? (going off your sig) The 2012 has the 3.6L. 2011 was the last year for the 3.8L.

I went looking in your threads and posts to see what you have since it is hard to believe you would go from the 2013 10A to a 2-door 2012.

Last edited:

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I know its confusing for some people. I just currently live with my parents now and am looking to move out. Throwing around the idea of cheaper payments

JKWrang

I know its confusing for some people. I just currently live with my parents now and am looking to move out. Throwing around the idea of cheaper payments

How much cheaper would it be? What about a refinance?? Credit unions sometimes offer better refi deals like one near me is promising to beat the interest rate plus 1%; back. Im totally doing it.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Yeah. Its not that i cant afford it, im just trying to give myself as much wiggle room as possible. I might have to look into that

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I personally wouldn't go from a 4 dr to a 2 dr. But it depends on what YOU like.

You should get a good deal on your 10A, but that doesn't mean you will. And that doesn't mean you can get the 12 cheap enough. Don't forget that you will have to register/title/tag the 12 and that can sure add up.

Then there are the issues with the 12 heads, even if covered under warranty - still a pain.

And the 12 isn't a 10A.

I would try the finance approach and try to get a lower apr while you are at it. It all has to work for you, not all of us though.

Spartan

^^^^I agree I like the 4 doors better. Nothing wrong with the 2 doors, but for rock crawling I prefer the 4 door.

Top Bottom