A_R_A_W_N Build plan need assistance

A_R_A_W_N

As I don't post a lot, and still new to moding Jeeps i need a little assistance. Below is a list of mods i would like to make happen but they will not be in any set order. Its going to be a slow build, as currently I am the sole income in the house until my wife finishes her schooling. I plan on doing a mod hopefully every few months most likely starting this spring. I am NOT a fan of the Wrangler front bumber at all, too much plastic, looks bulky, and its just not what im looking for. My question would it look too odd for a stock JK to have a EVO 1/4LB? I would be doing it in portions (1/4 then stinger, then d ring etc..) to help keep the wallet and wife happy. As we all know the build is really never over but i don't foresee me going past 37s a ways down the road. The wife just wants me to go through this set of tires before we upgrade to 35s.

Initial plan :

Evo 1/4 with stinger and drings
Evo Sliders OR LOD Sliders
35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
JE Reel Front + Rear 1310
Truk-Lites
Evo Enforcer 3in (either rancho 9000 or bilstine)
Evo Rear dring mounts
Winch - Warn unsure model
CB - unsure make/model

Thats a short list now that I have running around in my head.

noroad

what type of wheeling do you do or would like to do? Also might think about going with a 2.5inch lift over the 3inch as you can keep stock drive shafts and that saves about 800$.

pedroj14

Looks like a nice plan. Depending on your preference, the type of wheeling you do and your transmission/engine type, you would want to add re-gearing to the list. There is a matrix for this going around so you can choose the gear ratio of choice.

You would want a CB antenna mount, Teraflex makes a simple one that is mounted to the stock tire carrier.

If you plan on upgrading all five tires to 35s, you should also consider upgrading your tire carrier. Mine lasted about 20,000 miles with a Nitto Trail Grappler bolted to it before the rattling became scary.

HILLZ

As you can wheel a lot of stuff in stock configuration the first thing you should get is some recovery gear.
you could go the 1/4 pounder in the early days and trim the factory flares and it will make the rig look like its had more than just a stubby bumper slung on the front of it.

JKWrang

Lots of guys go this route around here - adding bumpers/winch/etx before lifting and getting new tires. Many folks either havent gotten to the lift or dont plan to and their jeeps still stand out.

So build towards the end plan in mind and dont be a cheapskate and cut corners on things to accelerate your build or youll buy 2 sets of tires and 2 sets of sliders. Ask me how i know.

A_R_A_W_N

Yes I realize I forgot to add antenna mout and a firestik, also regear process. Also I am still waiting for my recovery kit that was supposed to come with my jeep. Ive already started collecting various recovery items

A_R_A_W_N

My awesome wife decided to pick me up a Spiderwebshade for valentines day. Cant wait for it to arrive. She ordered it today through Northridge4x4 and used my email for the confirmation lol

Top Bottom