Single Company Suspension Kit Or Mix And Match?

K.D.C.H

So I'm looking to upgrade the suspension on my 2015 4 door JK Sport and after reading a lot of posts on here I know I'll be staying away from companies like Rough Country, Teraflex, Rubicon Express and probably a couple more. I've been looking at the 4" Lift Kit Double D JK Bolt On Long Arm from ORE however I've seen Eddie post on there that he recommends a set of Currie control arms as they are essentially what the EVO arms are with Johnny Joints on both ends.

This got me thinking a little bit, are more people running complete suspension packages from a single company or are they mixing brands to make them even better?

My next question would then be for all those who have lifts, which I'm sure that's just about all of you. Now that you have your lifts installed and use it for a bit, are there any components of your kit that you wish would have been a little better and if so, which parts are they and what other brand did you or would you like to replace them out with to make your perfect suspension package?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
So I'm looking to upgrade the suspension on my 2015 4 door JK Sport and after reading a lot of posts on here I know I'll be staying away from companies like Rough Country, Teraflex, Rubicon Express and probably a couple more. I've been looking at the 4" Lift Kit Double D JK Bolt On Long Arm from ORE however I've seen Eddie post on there that he recommends a set of Currie control arms as they are essentially what the EVO arms are with Johnny Joints on both ends.

This got me thinking a little bit, are more people running complete suspension packages from a single company or are they mixing brands to make them even better?

My next question would then be for all those who have lifts, which I'm sure that's just about all of you. Now that you have your lifts installed and use it for a bit, are there any components of your kit that you wish would have been a little better and if so, which parts are they and what other brand did you or would you like to replace them out with to make your perfect suspension package?

EVO uses Johnny joints. I don't think he has recommended currie arms with the evo lift. Ever.

K.D.C.H

That is talking about the enforcer kit which is a short arm kit and only includes front lower arms. You are talking about the double D which is a long arm kit and includes all 8 arms.

He also says ADD arms not replace the evo arms.

Oh ok, thanks for the clarification OverlanderJK. I am assuming then that the double d kit from evo is probably one of the best (non Coil over) kits out there?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Oh ok, thanks for the clarification OverlanderJK. I am assuming then that the double d kit from evo is probably one of the best (non Coil over) kits out there?

Double d is the same kit used with the bolt on coilovers. Only difference is the spring/shock and the coilover. The arms are the same.

K.D.C.H

Double d is the same kit used with the bolt on coilovers. Only difference is the spring/shock and the coilover. The arms are the same.

Good to know. I know in the future I'd love to go with that coilover kit so it looks as though I'll be sending some $$$ to Off Road Evolution here soon. Thanks for the info OverlanderJK

JKbrick

I have said before that I did the mix and match route. I am happy with what I have but quite honestly I don't have replacement adjustable front lower control arms yet and for the same $ as I've spent I could have had an EVO enforcer kit with arms too. Live and learn

MTG

Caught the Bug
When researching lifts I recall that it seemed that the people with the most problems/complaints were those with "frakenlifts." Same is true now 3+ years later. For me it is not worth the time or effort to figure something out that works just okay. I'd rather buy from a reputable company that makes quality parts and let them do the research.

My $0.02

Edit: second part of your question. I spent a little more than I wanted to initially and bought EVO enforcer kit and king shocks. Very happy with it after ~40,000 miles. I was fortunate to do the 2012 JKX and assumed I would come home and rebuild the jeep with coilovers. While that is the ultimate goal I am perfectly happy with my jeep and do not feel limited in any way on the road or trails.

Good luck,

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That is talking about the enforcer kit which is a short arm kit and only includes front lower arms. You are talking about the double D which is a long arm kit and includes all 8 arms.

He also says ADD arms not replace the evo arms.

LOL!! Thanks for clearing that up :yup:

K.D.C.H

Thanks again to everyone on here. You all have no idea how helpful you are and I'm so fortunate to have founded place. This place really take the whole community aspect of Jeeps to a new level, it really is a wayalife

Thanks Eddie for bringing us all together.

Top Bottom