Rims/Wheels: Steel or Aluminum

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I suppose alot really depends on size of tire and lift your jeep is equipped with. I have been running spacers for several thousand miles. I just have heavier duty springs and leveling kit on stock wheels and tires. I put them on to push them out a bit and could have ran without them. Several members run spacers. I have never had a problem with my Spiders.

Last edited:

JKWrang

Stock wheels or not? Its not the diameter, its the backspacing thats where the spacers come into play. When you modify the suspension various components come dangerously close to the sidewall

ramrod

Steel or Alloy rims

I am looking at new wheels the ones that I have now are 18's and are ugly as the day is long. I am wanting to go with 17's that is a simple flat black with a soft 8 pattern. But here is where I can't make up my mind. Steel or Alloy. It is a daily driver and I drive 60 miles a day minimum. I don't get to wheel every weekend but maybe twice a month. I live in central Texas so most of my playtime will be on the rocks. I like the idea of Alloy to free up some unsprung weight.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

J

JKDream

I am looking at new wheels the ones that I have now are 18's and are ugly as the day is long. I am wanting to go with 17's that is a simple flat black with a soft 8 pattern. But here is where I can't make up my mind. Steel or Alloy. It is a daily driver and I drive 60 miles a day minimum. I don't get to wheel every weekend but maybe twice a month. I live in central Texas so most of my playtime will be on the rocks. I like the idea of Alloy to free up some unsprung weight.

I've seen those Cepeks you posted crack before. I'd steer clear of those, they're pretty ugly imo as well.
I like just a basic steelie. Mine have taken severe abuse and they're still good to go.
You can "reshape" them with a hammer if you take a bad hit as well.

I'm saving up for beadlocks now though.

WJCO

Meme King

I merged your thread, I know there's more as well. There's also this one to take a look at: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php/5753-15-quot-Alloy-Wheels-Vs-15-quot-Steel-wheels

Top Bottom