60's, EVO bolt-on CO's, and wheel BS

Metal Monkey

Hello! I am working on my build list for my '15 5.7 JKU (currently under the knife). I plan on installing EVO coilovers, and see that it requires a minimum of 3.5" bs. Does this still hold true if you run full width axles (most likely 8 lug PR60's f/r), and how much extra stress would 37's put on the axle with 3.5" bs. I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row, and only do everything once, even if it is a bit more expensive. I learned my lessons from building my XJ.

Thanks for the help.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hello! I am working on my build list for my '15 5.7 JKU (currently under the knife). I plan on installing EVO coilovers, and see that it requires a minimum of 3.5" bs. Does this still hold true if you run full width axles (most likely 8 lug PR60's f/r), and how much extra stress would 37's put on the axle with 3.5" bs. I want to make sure I have all my ducks in a row, and only do everything once, even if it is a bit more expensive. I learned my lessons from building my XJ.

Thanks for the help.

With full width axles, you will NOT need 3.5" of back spacing on your wheels.

Metal Monkey

With full width axles, you will NOT need 3.5" of back spacing on your wheels.

Good to know. I'm trying to mitigate the increase in axle width by keeping the back spacing a little deeper. Can I get away with 4.5" or should I go with 4"? I'm planning on running WE beadlocks.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Good to know. I'm trying to mitigate the increase in axle width by keeping the back spacing a little deeper. Can I get away with 4.5" or should I go with 4"? I'm planning on running WE beadlocks.

If you haven't ordered them already, you can actually get ProRock 60's that are even wider so that you can run wheels with a lot more back spacing. But, with standard full width axles, I wouldn't go more than 4.5". I personally would go with 4" like what the ATX Chambers have.

Metal Monkey

If you haven't ordered them already, you can actually get ProRock 60's that are even wider so that you can run wheels with a lot more back spacing. But, with standard full width axles, I wouldn't go more than 4.5". I personally would go with 4" like what the ATX Chambers have.

Nothing is on order yet. Just trying to finalize everything as there are so many options for everything on the JK. This helps out a lot. Thanks.

Top Bottom