Lift and Gearing questions

Aeraun

Hey guys. I've been exploring options for how I want to lift my jku and what it will be riding on and so far I think I've found my path. I'm looking to do a 2.5 to 3inch lift, with 33inch nitto trail grapplers on 16 or 17 inch pro comp steel wheels. 1st question being, 2.5 or 3inches? Whats the best all around make for a lift like that? 16 or 17 inch rims? And i have 3.73 gears, should i go for 4.10? Ill be doing mostly on road dd with the hopes of occasional dirt/mud trails for now. Really appreciate any feedback, thanks

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
if 33" tires is as big as you want to go, i would stick with a 2.5" lift as it'll help keep your center of gravity down, be a lot more affordable to do and doing it right a lot easier too. for the type of wheeling you plan on doing, a standard budget boost is all you really need and really, you can't go wrong with most brands that make them. i've run a teraflex kit with shock extensions before and was happy with it. as far as gears go, if you have a 2012 or newer, you should be fine with your 3.73's. if you have a older 3.8L, i would think you should still be okay with 33's so long as you make sure to recalibrate your speedo.

gouacats

wayoflife said:
if 33" tires is as big as you want to go, i would stick with a 2.5" lift as it'll help keep your center of gravity down, be a lot more affordable to do and doing it right a lot easier too. for the type of wheeling you plan on doing, a standard budget boost is all you really need and really, you can't go wrong with most brands that make them. i've run a teraflex kit with shock extensions before and was happy with it. as far as gears go, if you have a 2012 or newer, you should be fine with your 3.73's. if you have a older 3.8L, i would think you should still be okay with 33's so long as you make sure to recalibrate your speedo.

Agreed. I have a budget boost, 3.73s and 33s. I'm perfectly happy with the setup. It's a 2008 and while not a speed burner, I'm good with the power.

YAEGER83

I just put 35s on my jku and i just bought a 2.5 lift.gas mileage gone lol.anything i can do as far as gears goes to gain my gas mileage?

Top Bottom