Smittybilt engine skid

mikey_13

I seen a picture from the 2014 sema show of a Smittybilt skid but I can't seem to find any info. Does anyone here happen to know anything? The picture to me looks very similar to the Rock Hard skids. The Rock Hard I've read are awesome but being Smittybilt I figured they would be cheaper to buy.
I've contacted Smittybilt, just waiting a reply.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Any reason why you feel the need for such a big heavy skid plate? Just so you know, skids like this are heavy, trap all kinds of heat, making it difficult to spot leaks and makes servicing your Jeep really difficult. I personally would prefer to run NO skid than to run something like this but, I would recommend that you give the EVO ProTek skid system a look.

JAGS

Hooked
^^^^ It's smittybuilt. Won't be that heavy. Lol. 😉😂😂

Joking aside, Eddie makes some good points. A ton of folks doing serious wheeling don't run full skids. The pro tek is great. I'm currently running the EVO oil pan and trans skid.

Also, keep in mind that much the same as Teraflex, Smittybilt is also made in China and use guys like this to weld, lol. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1417024562.562942.jpg

jesse3638

Hooked
Also, keep in mind that much the same as Teraflex, Smittybilt is also made in China and use guys like this to weld, lol. View attachment 112278

That's great..haha. You would think seeing how most harbor freight items are made there he could walk over to where they make the welding hoods and grab one. Or maybe he is saying something about their welding hoods?...hmm..thinking

SFNick

Any reason why you feel the need for such a big heavy skid plate? Just so you know, skids like this are heavy, trap all kinds of heat, making it difficult to spot leaks and makes servicing your Jeep really difficult. I personally would prefer to run NO skid than to run something like this but, I would recommend that you give the EVO ProTek skid system a look.

Does Evo make a skid for the GM 6.2L oil pan?

Top Bottom