JK Build Advice

K.D.C.H

Okay so I'm getting my build list together and was seeking a little advice. I'm purchasing the 4" Double D bolt on long arm lift kit from ORE just after the new year however I'd like to start picking up everything else I'll be needing right now that way once I get the lift kit in I have everything I need waiting. I have a 2015 4 door JK Sport and right now it's 100% stock. For now I'll be using the stock axels however I know in the future I'll probably be looking at the Dynatrac PR44 front and PR60 rear. I'll also be starting out with 35" tires and then moving up to 37"

Wheels - I know the ORE site says 4.5” or less backspacing is required but I'm wondering if there's a preferred backspacing number that's more commonly used and why? Also is back spacing only used to prevent from rubbing the tires on components or is there another purpose?

Fenders - With this kit and 35" tires will I need to look into flat fenders or will the stock ones work for now until I go with 37" tires?

Drive Shaft's - Will stock shafts be ok or should I be looking into some stronger ones that are the correct length?

The 5 lug wheels I'll be using on the stock axels with whatever backspacing I go with, will they also work once I upgrade to Dynatrac's? I've heard people talk about 8 lug and I'm wondering what the reason and benefit is for switching from one to the other?

If there's anything else anyone else can think of that I may have missed out please let me know

Thank you

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Okay so I'm getting my build list together and was seeking a little advice. I'm purchasing the 4" Double D bolt on long arm lift kit from ORE just after the new year however I'd like to start picking up everything else I'll be needing right now that way once I get the lift kit in I have everything I need waiting. I have a 2015 4 door JK Sport and right now it's 100% stock. For now I'll be using the stock axels however I know in the future I'll probably be looking at the Dynatrac PR44 front and PR60 rear. I'll also be starting out with 35" tires and then moving up to 37"

Wheels - I know the ORE site says 4.5” or less backspacing is required but I'm wondering if there's a preferred backspacing number that's more commonly used and why? Also is back spacing only used to prevent from rubbing the tires on components or is there another purpose?

Fenders - With this kit and 35" tires will I need to look into flat fenders or will the stock ones work for now until I go with 37" tires?

Drive Shaft's - Will stock shafts be ok or should I be looking into some stronger ones that are the correct length?

The 5 lug wheels I'll be using on the stock axels with whatever backspacing I go with, will they also work once I upgrade to Dynatrac's? I've heard people talk about 8 lug and I'm wondering what the reason and benefit is for switching from one to the other?

If there's anything else anyone else can think of that I may have missed out please let me know

Thank you

That's kit is complete so you will not need any suspension parts to add to it.

A lot of people run slabs (3.5 bs). I run the chamber pros (4"bs). Reason is that most people run coilover set ups which require less backspacing for clearance issues. Also larger tires play a role into that as well. I would suggest you go 4" or less.

4" of lift is a lot for 35's so there is no need to cut your stock fenders or get flat ones yet.

You will need shafts sooner than later. Get a set of 1350's from Adams, JE reel, or coast.

Depends on the axles you get. If you get a 80 which is 8 lug than no. If you get a pr60 which is 5x5.5 than no. Trail60 is 5x5 and 44 is 5x5. 8 lug set ups are usually stronger and really only needed if you running 40's with a LS or Hemi. Other than that I'm not sure. Someone can weigh in on it more than I.

Top Bottom