Rock Bouncers

So maybe this has been covered, or discussed here ad nauseam, but I haven't run across it...

What's everyone's opinion on the rock bouncer thing? I get that slapping a lot of horsepower into a steel cage on huge rubber may seem like fun in theory, but most of these guys just seem like complete :asshat:'s that are just out to mash the skinny pedal and break shit. Am I missing something?

Armydog

If I had a lot of money burning a hole in pocket, wouldn't mind going really fast up over and through shit....

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I don't understand it. I thought the whole idea was to go out, have fun, and NOT to try to break shit.

NAUJK

Stupid ass eastern red neck hill billies with nothing better to do with their time and money and they can't drive for shit.

Oh that's more than 2 words...

Redmow

I know some guys who did this stuff. Yeah, it's a money pit for sure. But, it's how they like to have fun outdoors. Many of them own nice 4x4s that they don't drive like that. This is pure adrenaline, dirt and speed high. It's fun to be there and watch it too. It's not my cup of tea to do, though. I prefer trails and countryside....and easygoing.

Jtmw

I'm in the heart of Bouncer Country, been to plenty SRRS Events. I'll say this first off, they're people just like you guys. No need for the hate. Due to the type of wheeling of we have in the east Rock Bouncer are the "Top" of the food chain in the offroad parks because they can hit any trail. A lot of our trails are pretty serious inclines with huge rocks and 90% of the time there is more mud on the trail than you know what to do with. The only way to conquer these climbs is with big horsepower, lots of momentum, and a safety net so when you wreck at the top of the hill you're alright. Yeah some of the people may be perceived as your stereotypical redneck. Im definitely not saying those people aren't there. Tim Cameron (one of the most winning bouncer guys out there) is racing Ultra4 this year with Essentially Offroad and BlueTorch buggies. Its all about what kind of trails you wanna run, and the ease you want to run them with. A couple things to keep in mind is its a race to the top (skinny pedal all the way), A Jeep cant do what they do at the speeds they do, and ITS ALL FOR FUN. I go and watch all the time, its an absolute blast.

Hope all are having a good Thanksgiving.

David1tontj

The only problem I have with them is how dangerous it is for everyone involved.

I know they are fine with rolling it, but occasionally they catch fire too, and when you're going that fast, it's not even safe for the spectators.

It does look like quite the adrenaline rush though.. I guess if you've got the money to blow, then good for you.

I'm not sure this was an actual rock bouncer.. But I think he was..
http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?t=10276

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I think bouncers are cool but when you watch some of the videos and these guys essentially destroying the land when they drive like assholes (cause they have to) it puts a bad name on our hobby. I think we don't have a lot of off road parks here in the east mainly because of stuff like this.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I'm in the heart of Bouncer Country, been to plenty SRRS Events. I'll say this first off, they're people just like you guys. No need for the hate. Due to the type of wheeling of we have in the east Rock Bouncer are the "Top" of the food chain in the offroad parks because they can hit any trail. A lot of our trails are pretty serious inclines with huge rocks and 90% of the time there is more mud on the trail than you know what to do with. The only way to conquer these climbs is with big horsepower, lots of momentum, and a safety net so when you wreck at the top of the hill you're alright. Yeah some of the people may be perceived as your stereotypical redneck. Im definitely not saying those people aren't there. Tim Cameron (one of the most winning bouncer guys out there) is racing Ultra4 this year with Essentially Offroad and BlueTorch buggies. Its all about what kind of trails you wanna run, and the ease you want to run them with. A couple things to keep in mind is its a race to the top (skinny pedal all the way), A Jeep cant do what they do at the speeds they do, and ITS ALL FOR FUN. I go and watch all the time, its an absolute blast.

Hope all are having a good Thanksgiving.

Tim Cameron is a spoon feed punk. Far from a redneck.

Armydog

No hate from me. To each his own. I don't understand the mud bloggers down in Georgia either. Ten foot tall trucks sitting on giant AG tires running more horse power than the Kentucky derby.... I don't get it, but it looks like they're having fun. I would rather crawl my pumpkin through a trail, using technique rather than brawn but that just me. I love raw horsepower and nothing beats watching a crash and burn.... Rock on, do you. It's all good

Top Bottom