50" light bar roof mount whistle.

tobias lopez

Happy thanksgiving Wayalife!! So I installed a 50" light bar yesterday, before thanksgiving dinner as i was driving to work today i keep hear this loud wind noise i know it is coming from the light bar fins after doing so reading
I have read a couple different ways of fixing this but i just wanted to get some input from anyone out there that has fixed this issue.

Thanks in advance...👍👍

Dean454

Happy thanksgiving Wayalife!! So I installed a 50" light bar yesterday, before thanksgiving dinner as i was driving to work today i keep hear this loud wind noise i know it is coming from the light bar fins after doing so reading
I have read a couple different ways of fixing this but i just wanted to get some input from anyone out there that has fixed this issue.

Thanks in advance...

I had the exact same problem...easy fix. If you will angle the light down about a quarter of an inch, the whistle will go away. Give it a try, experiment with the angle of the light.

tobias lopez

I had the exact same problem...easy fix. If you will angle the light down about a quarter of an inch, the whistle will go away. Give it a try, experiment with the angle of the light.

Messed with the angle and the whistle is almost gone. Thank you.

Yup. I keep mine a Little loose so when I drive on the highway I can stick my hand out the window and change the angle to get the whistle to go away.

Clark Collins

I installed a 32" LED light bar above the windshield on mine and after I adjusted it for where I wanted the light to shine it was very noisy. It was more of a harmonic hum, from the fins vibrating, than just a wind whistle. If you have to adjust the angle of the light bar to get the noise to go away, try wedging something between the fins in the middle of the light bar instead. I used short pieces of small plastic drip system tubing and it stopped the noise on mine. You want to angle the bar to get the light where you want, not to stop the noise.

noroad

I have a 52'' light bar that made the same noise once, I put black door trim on every other row on the back of the light and then 2'' strips on the skipped parts. doens t make the noise anymore!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412488216.313160.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412488216.313160.jpg
    163.1 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:

tobias lopez

I have a 52'' light bar that made the same noise once, I put black door trim on every other row on the back of the light and then 2'' strips on the skipped parts. doens t make the noise anymore!

Can u post a pic and list of materials please?

tobias lopez

I installed a 32" LED light bar above the windshield on mine and after I adjusted it for where I wanted the light to shine it was very noisy. It was more of a harmonic hum, from the fins vibrating, than just a wind whistle. If you have to adjust the angle of the light bar to get the noise to go away, try wedging something between the fins in the middle of the light bar instead. I used short pieces of small plastic drip system tubing and it stopped the noise on mine. You want to angle the bar to get the light where you want, not to stop the noise.

Can you post a pic and a list of materials please?

Clark Collins

Can you post a pic and a list of materials please?
I just used 1/4" drip irrigation system tubing that you can get at Lowes, Home Depot or any garden supply department and wedged 2" pieces between all the fins in the middle of the light bar. You just want to prevent the fins from vibrating in the wind.

tobias lopez

I just used 1/4" drip irrigation system tubing that you can get at Lowes, Home Depot or any garden supply department and wedged 2" pieces between all the fins in the middle of the light bar. You just want to prevent the fins from vibrating in the wind.

Roger. Thank you

JaySC

You can also try contacting Rigid...they have a rubber piece that attaches to the cooling fins to eliminate the tuning fork effect.

Top Bottom