boosting an existing lift

MaaMohTh

Hey guys,

I got a 3 inch zone offroad lift on my 2011 jku and want to put some 35 inch tires on there... but... not ready to do the boots AND the fenders yet and I don't have the tools to trim the stock flares so I was wondering... what would be best :

- 1 inch body lift
or
- 1 inch spacers for the lift itself

I really have a low budget so any insight would be very appreciated.

Thx.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I would think a 3" lift would suffice. Spacers are a cheap alternative to raise the front. What kinda wheeling do you do? Are you running stock wheels?

MaaMohTh

Well...
for now I'm still on 255/70R18 but looking at some 35x12.5R15 MTR Kevlar... if they can have some in stock here in Montreal....
as for wheeling, I just started but found a couple of nice places to have some decent fun, crossing rivers, mud, sand, and some rocks but not too extreme since, like I said, I'm a noob... and I don't want to break something 6h away from town deep in the woods...

I've been seeing some posts about rubbing issues at full flex with the stock fenders and on the stock front bumper also so I want to be sure again not to rip something off or blow a tire on a trail or something like that... my wallet wont appreciate it much.... that and the rear swaybar links are almost rubbing from the top bolt ... so yeah.. just want to be on the safe side! ;)

thx

Check with Rusty's to see what bumpstops you currently have. I have the 3 inch EVO Plush Ride Coils with bumpstops for 35 inch tires. I am currently running 35x12.5x17 with stock fenders and do not rub in full stuff. Here is Canvas as he sits today.
shoes3.jpg

Sporadic

MaaMoTh,

I'm with catahoula. Assuming your lift kit yielded 2.5-3" of lift, your rig should be fine with 35" tires. I have a 2.5" lift and hadn't noticed any rubbing but I wouldn't say I've wheeled in a lot of situations that would have produced full flex either. I just added 3/4" coil spaces to the front to get rid of the front-end rake and it did add some noticeable lift.

MaaMohTh

Cool :)
thanks for the replies!
I'll check the height of the lift and see if I need coil spacers or bumpstops... :)

BTW... you wanted to make me DROOL with that canvas?!?!!!! hehehe can't wait to get the 35s.... but prbably not before spring.

Here's mine .. for now :

jeepsmall.jpg

Yuriy

I have 2.5" lift with 315 Duratracs, haven't noticed any rubbing, definitely no rubbing on turns. If you're planning to keep stock wheels, get spacers.

Attachments

• 1417309880191.jpg
    1417309880191.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 47
  • 1417309900991.jpg
    1417309900991.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 47
Top Bottom