Bumper Question

BillTheCat

Getting a new Spider front bumper on Wednesday, so I'm doing a little prep. What is the silver device and will it need to be moved. My education continues...

1129141412.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That is the vacuum pump. Some bumpers require it being removed others do not. Ask your vendor and they will know.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I can't speak for all PSC bumpers but my psc brawler did not require moving it. Typically if your winch is recessed into the bumper you need to move it, if your winch goes on top of the bumper you don't. In MOST cases, not all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I can't speak for all PSC bumpers but my psc brawler did not require moving it. Typically if your winch is recessed into the bumper you need to move it, if your winch goes on top of the bumper you don't. In MOST cases, not all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

That is the general rule. I was going to say that but wasn't sure with the PSC since I know you have to cut a lot of the frame off.

KingCopperhead

Depends on which PSC bumper you go with. I have the brawler lite and it required no cutting of the frame, and I did not need to relocate the vacuum pump. Took longer to remove the stock bumper than to install the new one.

The PSC BFH bumpers need the frame rails to be trimmed down, not sure of the pump needs to be relocated on that one. I'd call the manufacturer to double check.

Top Bottom