Trackbar help

shadow21

I currently have the Rubicon Express 3.5" kit and I want to replace the Trackbar (eventually the full kit). The reason why is it squeaks, pops, clangs. I've tried everything the axles is centered, I've checked the torque specs again and again. So now I'm just going to replace it so what's the best trackbar on the market?

JKbrick

If you are staying at 3.5" or above I would get the EVO steering flip kit and put a stock track bar on it.

Pretty Fly

Do you still have the factory track bar? I used my stock one with a track bar bracket/drag link flip kit. I think a lot of people here do that. No noise from that setup and my axle is centered with 3" plush rides which gave me 3 1/2" lift up front.

Pretty Fly

JKbrick beat me to it by seconds! At least we agree. You do have to run about 3" bump spacing with the flip kit (I have mine at 2 3/4 and have clearance) to keep the passenger side or the track bar off the frame at full compression. You also can't run the factory backspace wheels with it but I can't imagine you would be at 3 1/2". 1 1/2 spacers or wheels with 4 3/4 backpacking or less should work. It's also a good idea to have the track bar raised in the back at least as much as the front. I don't think it's good to have the roll center changed more in the front than in the back.

Speedy1

I have the same problem and found out that the heim joint is broken on the frame side. I just ordered a currie to replace it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, I would install an EVO drag link flip/front track bar relocation kit and just run your factory track bar. It's what I run on both my JK's.

shortyokc

Do the Evo flip kit, I went another route with the synergy track bar which from countless forums synergy and jks were the best. 1 month later and 1000 miles my synergy track bar is already making noise from a worn rod end. I'm going with the Evo kit and my factory track bar the min I get $$$ to do so.

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Sounds like i need this evo flip myself.

On a side note i am also running the the RE 3.5 Super Flex short arm kit and my steering seems to bind when going down obstacles and has a constant squeak.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like i need this evo flip myself.

On a side note i am also running the the RE 3.5 Super Flex short arm kit and my steering seems to bind when going down obstacles and has a constant squeak.

Bind when going down obstacles? What size tires are you running? As far as your squeak goes, are you hearing this in the steering or in your suspension?

Top Bottom