Factory fog adjustment

Anybody had issues with putting factory fogs in an aftermarket off road bumper, and the lights shinning way to high? How can you fix this?

Sporadic

Is it possible to shim the bottom bolt(s) with a few washers or add something to the lower housing?

I thought about that. It has a flush mount surface with four holes predrilled to accept the factory fogs just like the factory bumper does. They are shining higher than my high beams. :thumbdown:

jeeeep

Hooked
did you put the fogs in correct? there should be an adjustment screw that's accessible from the bottom when mounted

Here's the rear of the fog:

jk-fog-light-rear.jpg

Last edited:

Rccrwlr

Had the same problem with my Hanson bumper. Figured out I had them installed upside down. Adjusters need to be facing the ground. Once this was done it was an easy adjustment to get them where I wanted them. Take a look at the pic above. The screw should be facing the ground.

did you put the fogs in correct? there should be an adjustment screw that's accessible from the bottom when mounted

Here's the rear of the fog:

View attachment 112825

Oh thats great to know. Thank you. Installed it last night. My buddy actually swapped the lights while i bolted the bumper down. Im stuck on shift today (EMS) so i havent been able to crawl under it. Thats a relief.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
^^^this should work. I custom mounted mine by drilling holes for mine through the bumper and no issues with aiming. Well no issues except for burning up my drill.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Thanks for sharing. I installed my Warn stubby never even realizing the adjustment screw on the fogs. Fortunately mine came out fine.

Top Bottom