Drivers door panel removal

Just curious, Is the drivers door panel a PIA to remove? I was at the OC swap meet Saturday and when I returned to my Jeep I open the passenger door for my girl friend (yes I still do that) and noticed a business card stuck in my driver side window, I could read part of the card and it basically said "Nice Rig! let me know if you need anything" Well not thinking I rolled down the windows from the passenger side and the card went down with the window :doh:

Not a huge deal but curiosity is starting to get me on who it was from LOL!

Also with the door panel removed will I be able to get to the bottom of the door?

Yup found that one, Looks easy enough... I wonder if I can get to the bottom of the door. Guess the only way to find out is just do it :beer:

Yes you should be able to get to the bottom of the door. Be sure to post up the process. ;)

Well it turns out you cannot get to the inside of the door by just removing the panel, you need to pull the entire inside panel with all the controls. I just removed the bolts (10mm) and was able to get my remote grabber in to retrieve the business card. Which turned out to be from a offroad installer from another shop ..... Thanks for the complement. :thumb:

Here is a small diagram on removing the panel.
doorpanel.jpg

The panel is tight so here are the snap points so you can focus your energy.
snappoint.jpg

Your mileage may vary and I'm sure I missed a step but even I figured it out so good luck :beer:

JKbrick

Wouldn't it have been easier to put your window down and pop your door off and turn it upside down and shake it?

jpone

Well it turns out you cannot get to the inside of the door by just removing the panel, you need to pull the entire inside panel with all the controls. I just removed the bolts (10mm) and was able to get my remote grabber in to retrieve the business card. Which turned out to be from a offroad installer from another shop ..... Thanks for the complement. :thumb:

Here is a small diagram on removing the panel.
View attachment 113023

The panel is tight so here are the snap points so you can focus your energy.
View attachment 113024

Your mileage may vary and I'm sure I missed a step but even I figured it out so good luck :beer:

Super helpful. Any chance you saw how the mesh door pocket is removed in the process of this? I want to pull that thing off because the mesh is useless.

GraniteCrystal

Super helpful. Any chance you saw how the mesh door pocket is removed in the process of this? I want to pull that thing off because the mesh is useless.
Can't be easily done. Tried a few weeks back. If you take it off, it's not gonna look good IMO. Best you could do is just snip the mesh. Pics in build thread if interested. Probably a few pages back.

Top Bottom