Starting my DIY sPOD, need switch help!

Hooz

I'm finally starting my DIY sPOD project! After reading several threads, I feel pretty confident that I can do it without too much hassle. My only issue is finding which switches I need/want. I've been going through switches on OTRATTW and, quite frankly, there are too many choices, and it's getting confusing.

I'm looking at these types of switch covers...

JK1RL-25.jpg

Here's what I'd like them to do...

- I want to be able to illuminate the graphic on the switches with the dash lights.
- I want a second LED in the switch that will illuminate when the accessory is on.

So basically:

- Headlights off, upper switch (graphic) illumination off, lower switch (ON indicator) illumination on when accessory is in use.
- Headlights on, upper switch (graphic) illumination on, lower switch (ON indicator) illumination on when accessory is in use.

On the dual LED OTRATTW switches, it seems like the top light (which would be the graphic) is ON when the switch is on, and the bottom light (which I'd like to be the indicator for ON) is independent. That seems like the reverse of what I'd like... Can I just flip the switches over? How would that effect my wiring?

Side question: Where is a good place to tie in to the dash lights to illuminate the switches when the headlights are on? Will I need to add a diode or anything?

Last edited:
I'm finally starting my DIY sPOD project! After reading several threads, I feel pretty confident that I can do it without too much hassle. My only issue is finding which switches I need/want. I've been going through switches on OTRATTW and, quite frankly, there are too many choices, and it's getting confusing.

I'm looking at these types of switch covers...

View attachment 112984

Here's what I'd like them to do...

- I want to be able to illuminate the graphic on the switches with the dash lights.
- I want a second LED in the switch that will illuminate when the accessory is on.

So basically:

- Headlights off, upper switch (graphic) illumination off, lower switch (ON indicator) illumination on when accessory is in use.
- Headlights on, upper switch (graphic) illumination on, lower switch (ON indicator) illumination on when accessory is in use.

On the dual LED OTRATTW switches, it seems like the top light (which would be the graphic) is ON when the switch is on, and the bottom light (which I'd like to be the indicator for ON) is independent. That seems like the reverse of what I'd like... Can I just flip the switches over? How would that effect my wiring?

Side question: Where is a good place to tie in to the dash lights to illuminate the switches when the headlights are on? Will I need to add a diode or anything?

I think this is what you are asking about?

The illumination source wire is a small 20 gauge wire behind the power window switches in the dash. it is Orange/gray stripe. Pin 6 connects to that illumination wire. Pin 7 and Pin 8 are tied together to ground. Pin 2 is the 12volt input from Fuse 6 in Relay Panel. Pin 3 is the switch output/relay input.

Doubleswitch2a.jpg

R/
Will

Hooz

I'm not sure who makes these switches, but this is the look I'm after (white/green instead of the green/red pictured, but same idea).

IMG_0205.jpg

Maybe I could find those switches in the colors I want and just get the OTRATTW covers.

I would check Waytek Wire for them.

Edit: I think you will need to get the lenses from Ottawa switch company. I could be wrong.

R/
Will

Last edited:

Yeep

I'm not sure who makes these switches, but this is the look I'm after (white/green instead of the green/red pictured, but same idea).

View attachment 113000

Maybe I could find those switches in the colors I want and just get the OTRATTW covers.

Otrattw sells the different colored switches too... But they don't have the green/white combo...at least they didn't when I ordered my green/amber ones last month.

Top Bottom