Drag link flip and adjustable trac-bar help

jkrossi

So my stock drag link was bad so I replaced it with a new one its now flipped and I also installed a new adjustable trac-bar. My jeep now rides very weird. My question is do I need to install a trac-bar relocation bracket on the axle side to get the drag link and trac-bar ends parallel? Sorry if this is a lame question.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it's NECESSARY to install a track bar relocation bracket when installing a drag link flip. Failure to do so will cause your drag link and track bar to no longer be parallel and that will cause handling issues.

jkrossi

Yes, it's NECESSARY to install a track bar relocation bracket when installing a drag link flip. Failure to do so will cause your drag link and track bar to no longer be parallel and that will cause handling issues.

Ok cool thank you sir. Well i know what i will be installing this weekend I wasn't 100% sure due the sells rep I purchased the parts from. I'll have to make sure he knows too.

Sounds like major bump steer

Yes, exactly. I hit huge dip on the freeway and I was like holy crap. Jeep had mad body roll, steering wheel was tugging and wanted to go a different direction it was messed up. Almost just a scary as the death wobble.

jkrossi

What bracket would you recommend?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What bracket would you recommend?

What drag link flip did you get? Don't know too many kits that don't come with a track bar relocation bracket as it would be silly to install a flip without one and I would have thought that it should have come with it. Whatever you get, you want one that is mounted securely to the axle and not one that is dropped from the frame. When I say "securely", I mean that one that is welded on is what I would recommend. I believe that JKS and Currie offer stand alone brackets that will suite your needs.

jkrossi

What drag link flip did you get? Don't know too many kits that don't come with a track bar relocation bracket as it would be silly to install a flip without one and I would have thought that it should have come with it. Whatever you get, you want one that is mounted securely to the axle and not one that is dropped from the frame. When I say "securely", I mean that one that is welded on is what I would recommend. I believe that JKS and Currie offer stand alone brackets that will suite your needs.

It wasn't a kit. I had the trac-bar on for a month or so and then bought and installed the drag link due to bad ball joints. I would have gotten the kit but sometimes I guess it doesn't work out that way.
I will check JKS and Currie out thanks man.

JKbrick

Here is a pic of the JKS weld on bracket
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1417566269.965544.jpg
The angle of the pic doesn't make the drag link and track bar appear to be parallel but they are

jkrossi

Yeah that one is perfect. I was looking ant the synergy one but didnt like the design.

Did you move your sway bar brackets too? I have the jks links to but they aren't straight like your are.

MTG

Caught the Bug
MTG you Just can't let things go huh. No need to turn this into something it not. I'm just looking for some simple advice.

Oh I can let things go, I just decided not to in this case. I'm not trying to turn it into anything, it is what it is. But I think it's hilarious that you talk shit about Eddie and this forum and then what? Have a problem and come running back to this forum and ask for help, and who is the first person that responds? None other than Eddie himself.

jkrossi

Oh I can let things go, I just decided not to in this case. I'm not trying to turn it into anything, it is what it is. But I think it's hilarious that you talk shit about Eddie and this forum and then what? Have a problem and come running back to this forum and ask for help, and who is the first person that responds? None other than Eddie himself.

If you didn't want to turn it into anything you would have never brought up old shit. So say whatever you want to justify it but the fact is is that you wanted to turn nothing into something. It's all good though man some people just like to live in the past so say what you got to say and we will leave at that.

Last edited:

tobias lopez

Lol on good note... this helped me out haha I been trying to do this for a while now. After I went wheeling a few months back came down on a rock. First thing that went was the stablizer. .blah.. I just didn't know how. Gunna check out the stuff u guys mentioned. 👍👍

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
MTG you Just can't let things go huh. No need to turn this into something it not. I'm just looking for some simple advice.

:cheesy: Wow, not even an apology or anything. You just waltz in here like it's some kind of right of yours. You've got some real class. You are welcome for the help though and I still would have given it to you even if I had remembered who you were. :D

jkrossi

:cheesy: Wow, not even an apology or anything. You just waltz in here like it's some kind of right of yours. You've got some real class. You are welcome for the help though and I still would have given it to you even if I had remembered who you were. :D

Haha, for one i did thank you for your advise and for two i did sent you an apology via private message A LONG time ago when the situation accured.

MTG

Caught the Bug
If you didn't want to turn it into anything you would have never brought up old shit. So say whatever you want to justify it but the fact is is that you wanted to turn nothing into something. It's all good though man some people just like to live in the past so say what you got to say and we will leave at that.

Hahaha! As I wrote above, I'm not turning it into anything...you being a douche is there for all to see. I am amazed though that people like you lack enough class to actually not even care how you act on the internet. But I'm sure you're a stand up guy in real life though. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Haha, for one i did thank you for your advise and for two i did sent you an apology via private message A LONG time ago when the situation accured.

LOL!! Never said that you didn't thank me for the help, I just said you never apologized for your last outburst. Yes, I looked back and see you had apologized for your first tantrum but not the second. Whatever, so long as you're not here to preach at me again, you're free to benefit from the help you will find here. Of course, others here are just as free to give you grief for being the cool guy that you are as well. :yup:

Top Bottom