(Tires) What Tires are good? General Question

tobias lopez

Hey Wayalife ppls,
So I have been having a talk with a co-worker who just bought a jeep, he is asking me what tires are good. but I don't know what to tell him since I am only on my first set of tires (35" Toyo Open Country). so i just wanted to see what you guys think?

He is looking to get 33" or 35"

Thanks in advance

Dean454

Hey Wayalife ppls,
So I have been having a talk with a co-worker who just bought a jeep, he is asking me what tires are good. but I don't know what to tell him since I am only on my first set of tires (35" Toyo Open Country). so i just wanted to see what you guys think?

He is looking to get 33" or 35"

Thanks in advance

Nitto or toyo then depends on how aggressive he wants the tread to be.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It really depends on how he plans on using his Jeep. Will it be mostly pavement use with some off road play or more off road use? Does MPG matter or road noise? Need a few more details before we can give a recommendation.

tobias lopez

It really depends on how he plans on using his Jeep. Will it be mostly pavement use with some off road play or more off road use? Does MPG matter or road noise? Need a few more details before we can give a recommendation.

oh ya lol sorry,

it is his daily driver, mpg is not an issue, road noise to a minimum, he does plan to do some off roading nothing to crazy thou.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
oh ya lol sorry,

it is his daily driver, mpg is not an issue, road noise to a minimum, he does plan to do some off roading nothing to crazy thou.

Okay, with that being said and noise needing to be to a minimum, I would recommend a good All Terrain Tire. BFG ATs would be a good choice as would Toyo AT2s or even the new Nitto Exo Grapplers.

tobias lopez

Okay, with that being said and noise needing to be to a minimum, I would recommend a good All Terrain Tire. BFG ATs would be a good choice as would Toyo AT2s or even the new Nitto Exo Grapplers.

How are the duratechs? In comparison to the ones u named off?

JKWrang

Given that youre from CA id vote for the same as Wayalife did.

t8er

I'd agree with WOL. The Duratrac's are a pretty popular option however my one buddy who has them on his 4runner has replace 2 so far from rock crawling and getting sidewall punctures. The Duratrac's can be cheaper based on size however my Nitto Trail Grapplers balanced out real easy so I'd check out the Exo Grapplers.

tobias lopez

I'd agree with WOL. The Duratrac's are a pretty popular option however my one buddy who has them on his 4runner has replace 2 so far from rock crawling and getting sidewall punctures. The Duratrac's can be cheaper based on size however my Nitto Trail Grapplers balanced out real easy so I'd check out the Exo Grapplers.

Cool sounds good guys thank you very much! ! I will pass the info to my buddy.

pedroj14

I have had BFG mud-terrains and Nitto Terra Grapplers (A/T). There is a significant noise difference between the two and the ride quality is better with the A/T. Both are good brands and I have not had any issues.

Top Bottom