2018 Jeep Wrangler

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL!! It's all good and I always love to hear about articles that highlight the all new 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler slated to come out in 2017. :D

I knew that the new 8-speed automatic is something FCA has been wanting to do sooner than later and it makes sense that they couldn't do it with the JK being that it's so much longer and wouldn't fit. I also find it interesting that there is still talk about an IFS system and that Dana is going to be spending some money on new machinery. I can't wait to see what they come out with :yup:

Neither Chrysler nor Dana are talking about the front and rear axles for the next-generation Wrangler. But last week, Dana was granted a tax abatement by city officials in Fort Wayne, Ind., for a $49 million investment in new machinery and equipment at its Dana Light Axle Products plant there.

- See more at: http://autoweek.com/article/car-new...et-eight-speed-automatic#sthash.9YLfESXK.dpuf

mastrcruse

So this might give you 2 mpg more. I just remind myself that I drive a refrigerator with wheels and MPG doesn't both me much after that.

JKMag

I am excited to see what the new JL will be, not sure if I want a smaller engine but if they can get the Unlimited to weigh less with aluminum it may work. I've bought 2 1st generation vehicles in the past and cant say they were the best vehicles Ive purchased but Im still excited to see what the new JL will look like. I also wonder how well it may handle off road (stock) but I can wait until someone else buys the first one(s) and hopefully they will make a video for the rest of us ;)

Last edited:

JeepDrum

I think the 8-speed auto would be good for the new Wrangler. My uncle has a Grand Cherokee with the same tranny and it is smooooth.

Top Bottom