Rough Country Lift question

VinceB

Is anyone running 315-70-R17 Duratracs on a 2.5" Rough Country suspension lift?
Jeep also had a leveling kit on it when I bought it. I've been running 33" Pro Comps AT's, but would like to go to the slightly bigger, and from what I've read slightly better DT's.
Can't really get a straight forward answer from Rough Country if that set up will work. I know there's other write ups on lift/tire fits, but haven't seen anything on Rough Country. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Jeep also had a leveling kit on it when I bought it. I've been running 33" Pro Comps AT's, but would like to go to the slightly bigger, and from what I've read slightly better DT's.
Can't really get a straight forward answer from Rough Country if that set up will work. I know there's other write ups on lift/tire fits, but haven't seen anything on Rough Country. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

First off Welcome to Wayalife! make sure you stop by the wave section and introduce yourself
http://wayalife.com/forumdisplay.php?11-Give-us-a-Wave

i am not running that lift but you can run 35" tires (basically what the 315's are) on a 2.5" lift. i currently run 2.5" (yeild about 3") of lift on my 2 door with flat fenders and 35's with no issues.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
The issue here is that your Rough Country lift may not be providing you with as much lift as you think or, originally had as their coils are known to sag. 315's are about as big as a small 37" advertised tire and are typically BIGGER than an advertised 35" tire. At bare minimum, you will most likely find it necessary to trim your fenders to help prevent rubbing at a full flex.

Like they said the rough country springs are known to sag very quickly. Also sorry to give you more bad news but watch your bushings as they will go out on you very quickly as mine have done.

VinceB

Like they said the rough country springs are known to sag very quickly. Also sorry to give you more bad news but watch your bushings as they will go out on you very quickly as mine have done.

I've had the lift about 2 years, should I be expecting the sag and bushing to be worn out pretty soon? I thought I felt a little rub making a somewhat sharp turn in 4H the other day. Should I take that as a sign the springs are going out?

I've had the lift about 2 years, should I be expecting the sag and bushing to be worn out pretty soon? I thought I felt a little rub making a somewhat sharp turn in 4H the other day. Should I take that as a sign the springs are going out?

Are you just rubbing on one side? If so it could just be the track bar. Wait for some of the more experienced guys to respond.

Top Bottom