PR44 unlimited ?'s

jfallon1

I'm looking into getting the above mentioned within the next month or two built this way:
-5.13 gears
-ARB
-chromoly shafts
-Prosteers
-welded on drag link flip and new drag link
-reusing stock knuckles

Plan on running 37's with this setup. Anyone who has went the PR wish they would have done anything different? Setup their PR differently? Just looking for a little insight before dropping close to 5grand on it. I talked with David at Northridge and he helped out a lot. I just wanna hear from the masses now.

Maybe a few stories and testifies that'll help make pulling the trigger on this thing that much easier. Thanks in advance.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's actually a great setup and one that I'm running now on my 2012 JK and with 37's. The only thing I wish I had done is get it with an ARB but, it looks like you have that base covered :yup:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
thats basically what i recently ordered. i didnt get the unlimited tho cause i dont need the extra built in caster but thats just me.

SFNick

That's actually a great setup and one that I'm running now on my 2012 JK and with 37's. The only thing I wish I had done is get it with an ARB but, it looks like you have that base covered :yup:

What locker are you running up front? I was trying to choose between the ARB or a Detroit. I ordered the ARB but I'm rethinking it because of the price.

JKWrang

Youd want a selectable up front IMHO. the way a detroit works, up front it would engaging and disengaging a LOT while in motion. Thats the way i understand it anyway. If i were to get a detroit locker itd be in the rear.

ZuidJK

What locker are you running up front? I was trying to choose between the ARB or a Detroit. I ordered the ARB but I'm rethinking it because of the price.

Defiantly go ARB. I'm running the pr44 with a Detroit and the locker is plenty strong off-road but if you use your 4wd on the road the odd time it's a huge pain in the ass. When it locks going around a corner you can't steer at all and when your on a slick or lose surface going straight the steering is very pushy and kinda dangerous. If I did it again I would go ARB for sure.

SFNick

Defiantly go ARB. I'm running the pr44 with a Detroit and the locker is plenty strong off-road but if you use your 4wd on the road the odd time it's a huge pain in the ass. When it locks going around a corner you can't steer at all and when your on a slick or lose surface going straight the steering is very pushy and kinda dangerous. If I did it again I would go ARB for sure.

Thanks! That's what I was wondering about.

T&ERun

LOSER
Auto or manual, and Rubi or not? Says in your profile you have 5.13s already. Are you happy with the ratio? I'm running 5.13s and 37s with a stick and non-rubi T-case. For me, the gears are a little too steep for highway but great offroad (with non-rubi T-case). I would love to have 4.88s with a 4:1 Rubi case. Other than that I think you are good with that setup.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

They have the factory internals in their PR44.

Yup, what he said ^^^.
Unfortunately, we were in a pinch and I really needed a new axle. Unfortunately, the only thing I could get in a hurry was one made for factory internal parts. If I had the time, I would have held out for an ARB upgrade.

jfallon1

I appreciate the replies. Unfortunately it looks like it'll be a little longer than I expected before I can pull the trigger. I was in an accident at work not even 30 minutes after I started this thread. Bad spot in a cable pulled my hand into a block and nearly cut two of my fingers off. So I'll be out of the wrenching game for a month or two, but hopefully with a couple answered prayers, I'll get to keep the fingers and be back into the game shortly.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Oh man, that just crazy!! Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery. So sorry to hear this.

jfallon1

Oh man, that just crazy!! Wishing you the best and a speedy recovery. So sorry to hear this.

I appreciate it. Looks like I'll be watching all the videos on the wayalife YouTube channel all over again. I just finished the 2013 JKX and halfway through the pilgrimage to the promise land.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Hope for quick recovery.

Only thing I'd add is make sure you tell them you want the 1/2" thick tubes. Better safe then sorry.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

jfallon1

Hope for quick recovery.

Only thing I'd add is make sure you tell them you want the 1/2" thick tubes. Better safe then sorry.

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yea, I was sure to mention that to David and he said that its included already with the PR44 unlimited pricing

Top Bottom