Opinions on new Mopar JK 2" lift?

hillybilly

Finally ordered a new JK Rubicon Hard Rock (my last Rubicon was totaled by my son this past spring). It is pending final inspection and should ship soon! My dealer will install the new Mopar 2" lift for $1807.30 out the door. That is including the new front driveshaft with the kit (have seen it advertised without the driveshaft too). Will be running 35's for a good while before I even think about mods to step up to 37's. (I was very satisfied with my last Rubi and 35's.) The kit is for a 4 door 2012-2015 part #77070088 for $1495.
Any thoughts or opinions are welcomed. I learned with my first JK to utilize the knowledge that is available here. Would have saved me thousands the first time around! Awesome group of Wayalifers!

noroad

i would pass on that! As 2inch is not that much and you can get that with coil spacers for a couple bills. Also you do not need a new front drive shaft with only 2 inch lift, my guess is its just a spacer kit. plus i think you should take some time to look at a full kit as you are looking to go with 37s.

JKWrang

i would pass on that! As 2inch is not that much and you can get that with coil spacers for a couple bills. Also you do not need a new front drive shaft with only 2 inch lift, my guess is its just a spacer kit. plus i think you should take some time to look at a full kit as you are looking to go with 37s.

Agreed. For 1800 you can get so much more lift on the after market and that isnt just in terms of height.

hillybilly

They say the reason for the driveshaft is because of long travel Fox shocks. And the springs are supposedly tuned by Jeep/Mopar engineers to provide a better highway ride than the stock Rubi springs. But off course ride is subjective. They say it will provide the wheel travel of most aftermarket 4" kits.
The dealer told me they would without question honor all warranty work even if it is lift associated because it is Mopar.
More wheel travel, a better ride, and a small lift, with no warranty issues sure sounds appealing with what I will use it for.
As for 37's... that would be a few years down the road, and I'm hoping for the release of the Mopar high rise fenders to use with the small lift to run them.
It was just released this past month and they are back ordered already. It's not the old Teraflex stuff.

JKWrang

They say the reason for the driveshaft is because of long travel Fox shocks. And the springs are supposedly tuned by Jeep/Mopar engineers to provide a better highway ride than the stock Rubi springs. But off course ride is subjective. They say it will provide the wheel travel of most aftermarket 4" kits.
The dealer told me they would without question honor all warranty work even if it is lift associated because it is Mopar.
More wheel travel, a better ride, and a small lift, with no warranty issues sure sounds appealing with what I will use it for.
As for 37's... that would be a few years down the road, and I'm hoping for the release of the Mopar high rise fenders to use with the small lift to run them.
It was just released this past month and they are back ordered already. It's not the old Teraflex stuff.

I am fairly certain guys who have Mopar intakes are having warranty issues despite what the salesman said - the parts/service is an unrelated entity. Im not sure id listen to this sales guy but you sound like you have made up your mind :)

noroad

sounds like you made up your mind before the question!

hillybilly

Nope. Haven't made my mind up. Just feeding the line I was given. And giving the details of how this is supposed to be different than the old Mopar kits.

I've always wanted the 3" EVO plush rides.

But the new Mopar 2" sounded intriguing, and I guess I needed a sanity check from some fellow Jeepers.

Thanks, your input is much appreciated!

MarkW13

I just got a 2" spacer kit for $269. If I had 1800 to spend right now I'd go with evo 3" enforcer. Just my 2 cents.

CanadianJK

I'll echo the thoughts on the price of the MOPAR kit... Rubicon shocks aren't bad and ride well, with $300 you can get a BB and shock extensions.

About MCs shock options, I wouldn't bother. I would use their extensions and shop for some nicer shocks. Haven't tried them, but read a lot.

Jeeper4x4

Anyone have experience with the EVO install? This is the part that scares me a little.... *** Cutting and grinding is required to complete the installation of the rear roll center correction trackbar bracket****

JKbrick

Anyone have experience with the EVO install? This is the part that scares me a little.... *** Cutting and grinding is required to complete the installation of the rear roll center correction trackbar bracket****

Do you have anybody on Wayalife in your town or buddies that can help you learn? You will not regret learning how to do things for yourself. You will also not regret buying an EVO product

Jeeper4x4

Do you have anybody on Wayalife in your town or buddies that can help you learn? You will not regret learning how to do things for yourself. You will also not regret buying an EVO product

Yes I'm sure I could find a hand or two, I'm just wondering how much cutting and grinding were talking about?

JKWrang

Yes I'm sure I could find a hand or two, I'm just wondering how much cutting and grinding were talking about?

Enough to make you nervous. Not enough to necessitate a professional intervention lol. I do not speak from personal experience though - just what I have seen on the build threads on here.

MTG

Caught the Bug

First cut is the hardest! :thumb:

It's not bad. Just part of the bracket. Two small cuts that takes less than a minute if I remember correctly. Anticlimactic really.

Top Bottom