Dually replacing OEM fogs?

ssgp2

How do I plug in the Rigid Dually into the OEM harness so the fogs will be controlled by the original switch in my JKUR 2013?

Do I need other components because I'm replacing incandescent lights with LED?

Thanks!

thardy

Banned
I tried to do this same thing, but ended up running a separate switch. I first tried tapping into the OEM fog light harness but got the blinking that Overlander mentioned, as well as the lights dimming every so often. Ultimately made the decision to put in a switch panel since I was going to need one anyway.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I tried to do this same thing, but ended up running a separate switch. I first tried tapping into the OEM fog light harness but got the blinking that Overlander mentioned, as well as the lights dimming every so often. Ultimately made the decision to put in a switch panel since I was going to need one anyway.

I have my lightbar wired up to the fog light switch and have no issues.

t8er

I think Rigid sells a kit that plugs in that uses relays. Also on the high beams just get a programmer. Fogs will then work with high beams. I still have my factory fogs but run my Duallys with amber lenses which is nice in snow. Eventually I'm going trucklites with Dually fogs

ssgp2

Wow, that was fast, thanks for the inputs!

OL, do you have pics of your setup with the relay?
Don't know much about wiring/ relays.

I know I will get a switch panel eventually, but I'll wait till I get a couple of accessories to justify the purchase.

Thanks!

Slappy32

Really? I'll have to look into that. Not that it's needed but just because I can possibly do it.

Sorry, I mispoke, it's SuperChips. I have both. Long story. Sorry for the confusion.

I was reprogramming my tire size and gear ratios and stumbled upon it.

07JKSahara

Sorry, I mispoke, it's SuperChips. I have both. Long story. Sorry for the confusion.

I was reprogramming my tire size and gear ratios and stumbled upon it.

I have the Flashcal, turned this on but it still doesn't work. It's an 07, would that matter? They are also LEDs, but everything else with the lights is none stock. Any ideas?

bthomas

The set of dually's I got came with a switch and relay pre wired, but I wanted to do the same as you. I used the stock fog light circuit to fire the relay that came with the D2's. I think I may have had to run a wire down to the fog locations, I can't remember for sure.
How I did it was to not use the switch that came with the dually's, there is a blue? wire the best I remember that goes to the D2 switch, that is the trigger wire to the D2 relay, use that that blue wire that was connected to the switch and splice it into the JK fog light circuit at the lamp location. I cut off one of the factory JK lamp plugs on one one side to make the connection to the relay trigger. Cut and solder if you can, if you can't, use some good quality crimp connectors and tape them up well with good electrical tape. Cheap stuff never sticks well. In the pic you can see the 86 terminal is your trigger input. That is where the stock JK fog light circuit will land, and all other connections are the same as far as positive and negative. The D2 lamp power will be from the battery directly, so your stock switch just activates the D2 relay, which them feeds battery power to the D2 & the canbus system is none the wiser and no goofy flickering will happen with your new fogs. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions, it's pretty easy really. I wish I could verify wire colors for you, but my jeep is at my office at the moment.

f2255320e322877a809057f5bca4f531.jpg

bthomas

SSGP2, I'll have my jeep back home Tuesday, if you have any questions I can go out and double check all my wiring and make sure what I posted was 100%.

Top Bottom