Superchips Flashpaq Yes or No

MYJK!

I have a Superchips Flashcal that I use on my 2014 JKUR now. I didn't opt to go with the Flashpaq in the first place due to the issues that they had on the 2014 models. I received an email from Superchips that I can upgrade my Flashcal to a Flashpaq for 50% off. With the sale it would put the cost of the Flashpaq just over 200 bucks seems like a great deal. I'm concerned that they still are having issues on 2014 and up Jeeps. Can anyone shed some light on any issues for me?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have a Superchips Flashcal that I use on my 2014 JKUR now. I didn't opt to go with the Flashpaq in the first place due to the issues that they had on the 2014 models. I received an email from Superchips that I can upgrade my Flashcal to a Flashpaq for 50% off. With the sale it would put the cost of the Flashpaq just over 200 bucks seems like a great deal. I'm concerned that they still are having issues on 2014 and up Jeeps. Can anyone shed some light on any issues for me?

just to make sure you know its just a software update to your flashcal correct, not a whole new unit. the software update is usually about $150 but with the 50% off its now only $80

rich67

Caught the Bug
Sorry to sound ignorant, but I have heard a lot about this device. I have a 2013 with a manual transmission. The majority of people say it helps with auto trans shift points, so I am wondering if it would be beneficial for a 6 speed. I understand it can also adjust the TPMS to not throw the lights and warning when you air down, and you can calibrate the speedo for larger tire diameters..true? Worth the money?

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
just to make sure you know its just a software update to your flashcal correct, not a whole new unit. the software update is usually about $150 but with the 50% off its now only $80

If they've re-released it then I can only imagine it's fixed. Seems like a good deal if you want the Paq - Me personally I'm waiting on the traildash for my 15, but if I was in your shoes and only wanted the Paq I'd probably go with it..$200 in is a good deal.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Sorry to sound ignorant, but I have heard a lot about this device. I have a 2013 with a manual transmission. The majority of people say it helps with auto trans shift points, so I am wondering if it would be beneficial for a 6 speed. I understand it can also adjust the TPMS to not throw the lights and warning when you air down, and you can calibrate the speedo for larger tire diameters..true? Worth the money?

for you with a standard it would only really help with getting your speedo correct based on tire size, making sure the computer reconizes the proper gears, and turning the tpms off. since you have a standard you dont have to worry about the shift points like auto's do. as far as performance goes i didnt really see or notice anything out of my flashpaq but thats just me. i would suggest just the flashcal for you just to do a few of the basic things metioned above and read codes if/when they are thrown.

JKWrang

What youre referring to (as far as features go) is thr flashCAL (though the flashPAQ can do the same things for more $$$$ )

For the 6 speed the major benefit you will see is tire size correction, gear correction if needed and TPMS correction to right all the wrongs on your dash.

It is less necessary on a manual but I still went and dropped the coin on it for my 6 speed to correct my speedo, my MPG and my TPMS and eventually gears.

It is also upgradeable like Cozdude said for like 150 (and apparently some get a 50% off offering. i did not.)

IMO the Flashpaq in my 08 didny really make a whole lot of changes in my Jeep... nothing out of this world. But for 80 bucks I dont think if you have the money and want the upgrade that you should pass. The FlashPaq is great and the tunings for Off road are pretty good. You can also set idle speeds for your winch and compressor use.

I am not 100% if the flashcal dors that as well. It might.

rich67

Caught the Bug
for you with a standard it would only really help with getting your speedo correct based on tire size, making sure the computer reconizes the proper gears, and turning the tpms off. since you have a standard you dont have to worry about the shift points like auto's do. as far as performance goes i didnt really see or notice anything out of my flashpaq but thats just me. i would suggest just the flashcal for you just to do a few of the basic things metioned above and read codes if/when they are thrown.

Thank you! Exactly what I was curious about. I know there was a price discrepancy between the two.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If they've re-released it then I can only imagine it's fixed. Seems like a good deal if you want the Paq - Me personally I'm waiting on the traildash for my 15, but if I was in your shoes and only wanted the Paq I'd probably go with it..$200 in is a good deal.

He already has the flashcal. the 50% off is for the software update to turn it into a flashpaq. normally its $150 but its now only $80. superchips is having 10% off new units.

also not sure if you saw or not but i posted in one of your other threads about the superchips being compatable with 15's that they did release an update for them and they now work on 15's.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Since everyone seems to be a little confused here is what's going on this week per superchips
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1417702852.157976.jpg .

10% off new units and 50% the flashcal to flashpaq update

t8er

I've got the flashpaq on my 14. The software works for them. I can say there is a difference performance wise as well with a six speed. You haven't lived until you've seen someone power shifting a jeep on 35's that can bark the tires on the 1-2 and 2-3 up shifts.

Hooz

Since the JK Wranglers use drive-by-wire throttles, the Flashpaq tuning can also change the throttle response, eliminating the inherent throttle lag. It's not really a performance improvement, but it sure feels like one. And it would work the same with an auto or manual.

Both my Jeeps have the 3.8L/auto combination, and I've got FlashPaqs for both. They're well worth the money, IMO.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
So to beat this horse to death:

The flashpaq will now tuneup the auto transmission on a '13?

This may solve the hesitation problem I posted about in the thread on that. If that is the case.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So to beat this horse to death:

The flashpaq will now tuneup the auto transmission on a '13?

This may solve the hesitation problem I posted about in the thread on that. If that is the case.

Yes. The Flashpaq is now available for 2012-up.

RMC2

Caught the Bug
Eddie, thanks for the clarification. Sometimes you need to hear stuff 42 times before it sinks into a thick skull.

Top Bottom