Armor Questions

BillTheCat

2013 TKRU

Just installed a Spyder Winch Mount Front Bumper

1204141221.jpg

Should I try and find some armor to protect the tie rod? What points should be my highest priority to armor. I recently save a bunch on my on sliders. :doh:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Should I try and find some armor to protect the tie rod? What points should be my highest priority to armor. I recently save a bunch on my on sliders. :doh:

There's no protecting your tie-rod but, you can invest in a heavy duty replacement and a good one will take a lot of punishment. I personally prefer Currie tie-rods as I have found them to be the best and strongest you can get but, I'm sure others will chime in with how good their Synergy or Rock Krawler is. I personally wouldn't waste your money on a set of orange knuckles that will only raise your tie-rod about an inch higher than stock. I can assure you that you will still hit it.

As far as other armor goes, your Jeep already comes with most of what you need. If you have a manual, I would get an EVO oil pan skid plate as it does a great job of protecting your oil pan without being too big and bulky. If you have an automatic, I would get the whole ProTek skid system that EVO makes as it will do a great job of protecting your sump pan and cooler lines as well. That's all you really need.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
you will not find any armor to protect your tie rod. you will hit ot no matter what you do. what you can do is when off roading pick really good lines and do your best to avoid hitting it. WHEN you bend it really bad you can upgrade to a new tie rod like the one Currie offers. other than that i would put what money you saved into armor like the EVO Protek system which covers vital parts of your jeep that arent covered from the factory.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
There's no protecting your tie-rod but, you can invest in a heavy duty replacement and a good one will take a lot of punishment. I personally prefer Currie tie-rods as I have found them to be the best and strongest you can get but, I'm sure others will chime in with how good their Synergy or Rock Krawler is. I personally wouldn't waste your money on a set of orange knuckles that will only raise your tie-rod about an inch higher than stock. I can assure you that you will still hit it.

As far as other armor goes, your Jeep already comes with most of what you need. If you have a manual, I would get an EVO oil pan skid plate as it does a great job of protecting your oil pan without being too big and bulky. If you have an automatic, I would get the whole ProTek skid system that EVO makes as it will do a great job of protecting your sump pan and cooler lines as well. That's all you really need.

now you beat me too it :crazyeyes: :cheesy:

Top Bottom