TF HD Forged Front Trackbar...did I pick wrong?

ciphershort

So I bought a TF front track bar for 15% off over black Friday weekend. I recently joined this forum and have read about a lot of them breaking and this has me worried...did I pick the wrong track bar to buy? I liked it primarily for the adjustment sleeve and how you can adjust it without removing one of the bolts. Still a newb when it comes to suspension. Not tied down to a brand, just want the best I can get for my money...

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Personally, I would run the stock bar with the appropriate brackets to account for your specific lift.

Many of the stock parts are plenty strong. The trackbar is one of them.

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
OP, I have one as well. Bought it before I knew better. Have been running it without issue. If it breaks, I will go back to the stock bar with a bracket. Supposedly the newer ones are better than the old ones, so we will see. Im not going to be buying teraflex products anymore. Premium prices for Chinese quality. I don't mind chinese quality when I pay chinese prices.

ciphershort

Well I've had issues with a flighty front end and thought a beefier track bar would help. Picked up a steering stabilizer too. Plus the track bar allows me to go up in lift and re-center with a few twists. Seemed like a good idea at the time...

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Well I've had issues with a flighty front end and thought a beefier track bar would help. Picked up a steering stabilizer too. Plus the track bar allows me to go up in lift and re-center with a few twists. Seemed like a good idea at the time...

If it's flighty you need to adjust caster with adjustable control arms

ciphershort

If it's flighty you need to adjust caster with adjustable control arms

Yeah well it seems to only be on bumps and stuff in the road. But I am a newb so I'm not denying getting something wrong. So should I go to the trouble of sending it back since I haven't even received it yet?

ciphershort

So there may be a chance I could get the ordered canceled. If I did, what would be the best route to go to fix my issues? Front track bar bracket and front LCAs?

ciphershort

What lift kit, height and parts do you have added?

I bought the TF 2.5" coil lift with shocks last year. That's it so far. I have the track bar bracket in the rear but nothing up front. The front axle seems to be about an inch or two off center.

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I bought the TF 2.5" coil lift with shocks last year. That's it so far. I have the track bar bracket in the rear but nothing up front. The front axle seems to be about an inch or two off center.

Off center will not cause any flighty issues, if it's taller than 2.5" and I'm sure it is. A set of lower adjustable fronts will help the steering. You really do not need a adjustable trackbar at that height.

JKbrick

An inch or two off center is way too much for a 2.5" lift, should be 1/4" to a 1/2" off I would think

ciphershort

An inch or two off center is way too much for a 2.5" lift, should be 1/4" to a 1/2" off I would think

I excessively overshot that. I forget I have wheel spacers on as well (put them on at the same time). It's probably closer to 1/4-1/2" like you said. My bad.

JKbrick

Just wanted to make sure there wasn't a real problem with it, don't need anybody getting hurt or worse

TheDuff

I would cancel the order and put that towards good quality control arms, like piginajeep suggested. preferably those utilizing Jonny joints.
Also start saving for a front drive shaft if your gonna wheel it. With that lift you won't be able to get to full drivers side droop in the front, without the drive shaft hitting the transmission crossmember.

ciphershort

Well I just found out the order shipped out yesterday. Oh well I guess I can live with it. I've got some extra cash still that could still go towards the LCAs. What brand LCAs would you guys recommend?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Well I just found out the order shipped out yesterday. Oh well I guess I can live with it. I've got some extra cash still that could still go towards the LCAs. What brand LCAs would you guys recommend?

Anything with currie Johnny joints, so curries or EVO's.

Top Bottom