Flashcal 3570 TPMS

SWRUBI

Bought this to adjust my speedo and use the TPMS adjustment to lower the indicator light threshold. Did the free download (TPMS) and installed on the Jeep only to find an either on /off mode for the TMPS and no slide bar adjustment! I really liked the fact that I could set this lower for taking tire pressure lower for on road use and not stare at the darn indicator light all the time. Called Superchips and they are saying it is only available as on / off now....:grayno: The darn box I purchased it in calls out "TPMS adjustability" -- they need to call it TPMS disable since that is what it is now.. Just an FYI for those looking at this product...

thardy

Banned
There's two different options. You can turn it off, which is the free download, or you can adjust it. I never had success adjusting it. They are actually two different menu selections.

SWRUBI

There's two different options. You can turn it off, which is the free download, or you can adjust it. I never had success adjusting it. They are actually two different menu selections.

I'm going to plug it in again and see sans the beer in tow. I went through multiple times and didn't see a thing in the menu pertaining to TPMS adjustment. Hopefully I am wrong -- that would make me happy!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

This ^^^^ there is two different options. You can lower it to 26ish psi or turn it completely off

thardy

Banned
To be honest, I played around with lowering it and could never get it to work right. I continued to have issues with the light being on. Finally just turned it off. I tend to keep a fairly close eye on my tire pressures anyway.

SWRUBI

I had same deal. I got it disabled, but i was hoping i could just lower it.

Did you recently pick up your Flashcal?

Went through it one more time this afternoon and only option from the Vehicle Functions menu is Off Road TPMS > ON/OFF. The was no other TPMS option in the Vehicle Functions menu. Sounds like they done away with the adjustable setting based on folks having issues with it.....maybe it will come back later in an update. At least the light is off the dash.

Did you recently pick up your Flashcal?

Went through it one more time this afternoon and only option from the Vehicle Functions menu is Off Road TPMS > ON/OFF. The was no other TPMS option in the Vehicle Functions menu. Sounds like they done away with the adjustable setting based on folks having issues with it.....maybe it will come back later in an update. At least the light is off the dash.

Yep. About a week ago. The light is my biggest concern. I know how to check a tire pressure. Lol. A early warning of a leak would be nice though.

Wizard

Looks like I've lost the ability to alter the TPMS warning pressure as well. In fact I've even lost the ability to turn the TPMS off as well.

Seams there are a few issues popping up with the latest update I've done on the Flashcal.

- No TPMS adjustment
- Return to stock doesn't seam to return everything exactly to stock (left me with daytime run lights activated)
- I switched the fog lights to come on with high beam today, and when it did the adjustment it said that the lane change ability for the indicator had been updated.

I sent their tech people an e-mail a couple of days ago, and am waiting for a response to my "return to stock problem".

I'll let you know when I hear something about this.

Wizard

Just don't do an update to your Flascal or you'll lose the option for any TPMS adjustments.

Wizard

I've been in touch with the Superchips tech support, who said that the adjustability of the pressure alarm on the TPMS was removed from the Flashcal after too many people had problems with its operation, however the on/off feature still remains.

My suggestion would be if your Flashcal still has the option to adjust pressure (and you use the option), then don't do any updates to it.

QRS

I've been in touch with the Superchips tech support, who said that the adjustability of the pressure alarm on the TPMS was removed from the Flashcal after too many people had problems with its operation, however the on/off feature still remains.

My suggestion would be if your Flashcal still has the option to adjust pressure (and you use the option), then don't do any updates to it.

I assume this will be the same for the Flashpaq??

Do you know when this "great" update was released?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

you will have to update if you make any changes to your rig. last time i changed tire size (315/75 to my 35/12.5. maybe a 1" difference in size at 28 psi) i couldnt change it because my flashpaq wasnt updated. so i had to wait till it was updated to change my tire size properly.

QRS

you will have to update if you make any changes to your rig. last time i changed tire size (315/75 to my 35/12.5. maybe a 1" difference in size at 28 psi) i couldnt change it because my flashpaq wasnt updated. so i had to wait till it was updated to change my tire size properly.

Hey coz, this is interesting.
You weren't able to make any change or just the tire size?
I mean, the flashpaq couldn't know there was an update available for it.
Was the flashpaq acting weird or something?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Hey coz, this is interesting.
You weren't able to make any change or just the tire size?
I mean, the flashpaq couldn't know there was an update available for it.
Was the flashpaq acting weird or something?

it did know there was an update. it happened over the summer so i dont remember exactly what it said but when i plugged it into my OBD2 port it told me to update before continuing. once updated the message didnt appear. i did update my flashpaq about 2 months prior to this happening as well.

QRS

it did know there was an update. it happened over the summer so i dont remember exactly what it said but when i plugged it into my OBD2 port it told me to update before continuing. once updated the message didnt appear. i did update my flashpaq about 2 months prior to this happening as well.

Wow, maybe this things have an internal programming or timer and know when it's time for an update.
Haven't plugged mine in a while.

The check engine light lit yesterday on my way to home, will plug in the flashpaq instead of the scangauge today to review the code. Let's see if it ask me for an update.

Top Bottom