Lift question...

Trail JK

I'm considering starting with the EVO enforcer kit and I'm looking at adding the King shocks w/compression adjusters kit. I'd like to upgrade down the line to long arm coilover system and was wondering if the King shocks w/compression adjusters can be used in a coilover system (see picture... Is that shocks w/compression behind the coilover shocks)? I'm also wondering if the long arm upgrade kit can be used with the enforcer kit too... It can right?

I'm not sure if I should purchase the enforcer or just purchase parts of the coilover bolt on kit and wait longer to wheel more technical trails? I really don't have the funds to put on the coilovers with out saving for several months. That said, I don't want to waste money on parts that I can't use towards upgrading.

Also, are the EVO Spec 2.5 w/res shocks offered with the enforcer kit with same shocks w/compression adjusters that I'm looking at? I can't seem to find the kit pictured with them.

I currently have 37's waiting to go on. Thoughts?

image-3629205321.jpg .

image-1946679976.jpg .

image-3432102717.jpg .

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
No it's not the same. The second picture is a double throwdown which is a coilover and a bypass shock.

The regular shock cannot be used.

The long arm can be used with coilover and non coilover. The high clearance can Long arm needs coilivers to work.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Darn. Okay so just to be clear the long arm kit can not be used with the enforcer kit & compression shocks?

No the long arm kit can be used. The hi clearance kit has different brackets then the regular long arm. The arms themselves are the same.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Hey Rachel, being that you're just wanting to run 37's and are on a budget, I personally would recommend that you just get the Enforcer kit WITHOUT the king shocks. Save your money and pick up a set of Rancho 7000's or adjustable 9000's and save up until you can afford to get bolt-on coil overs. While long arms are nice, I personally would SKIP them as they really aren't needed at this height.

Trail JK

Hey Rachel, being that you're just wanting to run 37's and are on a budget, I personally would recommend that you just get the Enforcer kit WITHOUT the king shocks. Save your money and pick up a set of Rancho 7000's or adjustable 9000's and save up until you can afford to get bolt-on coil overs. While long arms are nice, I personally would SKIP them as they really aren't needed at this height.

Yeah, I'm obsessing and impatient. Lol I really need to decide if I should just wait and buy the coil overs or get the enforcer.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm obsessing and impatient. Lol I really need to decide if I should just wait and buy the coil overs or get the enforcer.

Just to make sure, you are wanting the "bolt-on" coil overs and NOT the DTD, correct? The later is a lot more expensive.

If you are wanting the bolt-on kit, I would save up a bit and just do it. You will still need to get a few additional components to go with it such as adjustable front lower control arms and drag link flip/front track bar kit but at least you'll only have to buy parts once.

Trail JK

Just to make sure, you are wanting the "bolt-on" coil overs and NOT the DTD, correct? The later is a lot more expensive. If you are wanting the bolt-on kit, I would save up a bit and just do it. You will still need to get a few additional components to go with it such as adjustable front lower control arms and drag link flip/front track bar kit but at least you'll only have to buy parts once.

I'm undecided, I have quotes on both. I guess I'll buy the drag link flip, bump stops and driveshafts until I'm ready to pick one. At least I'll feel like I'm making progress then. Lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm undecided, I have quotes on both. I guess I'll buy the drag link flip, bump stops and driveshafts until I'm ready to pick one. At least I'll feel like I'm making progress then. Lol

LOL!! If you're really wanting to go DTD's, you can help mitigate some of the cost by just installing the towers up front and EVO lever in the rear and only run it with single coil overs. You can run this all with short arms but, you will still need adjustable front lower control arms, the draglink flip/track bar relocation kit and front drive shaft. When you can afford to do more, you can always add the bypass shocks then. Or, you can upgrade to long arms first and then add bypass shocks later.

JAGS

Hooked
Good advice already given. If you are thinking of going just standard bolt on coilovers, I wouldn't get the king shocks with the enforcer. Do more what Eddie says with the Ranchos.

If you price it out, there isn't "that much" difference in the enforcer and top end king shocks and just going straight to the bolt ons.

Now, if you're considering the DTD, that's a dif conversation altogether.

Trail JK

LOL!! If you're really wanting to go DTD's, you can help mitigate some of the cost by just installing the towers up front and EVO lever in the rear and only run it with single coil overs. You can run this all with short arms but, you will still need adjustable front lower control arms, the draglink flip/track bar relocation kit and front drive shaft. When you can afford to do more, you can always add the bypass shocks then. Or, you can upgrade to long arms first and then add bypass shocks later.

Good to know, that could make a difference for me.

I did just pick up the EVO draglink flip, bump stops, trail table, and front drive shaft from northridge 4x4. :) - Ray is going to kick my a$$. Lol

Btw- Shark Tank VIP worked after adding the drive shaft. ;)

Trail JK

Good advice already given. If you are thinking of going just standard bolt on coilovers, I wouldn't get the king shocks with the enforcer. Do more what Eddie says with the Ranchos. If you price it out, there isn't "that much" difference in the enforcer and top end king shocks and just going straight to the bolt ons. Now, if you're considering the DTD, that's a dif conversation altogether.

I'm just all over the board. Want vs. Need (don't even look at skill set lol... not there yet).

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I have been drooling over King coilovers since I was a kid (aka a long time ago). If you want them and can, why not wait a little longer if you need to. Or do a budget boost temp solution.

The Enforcer will do just fine for me.

JAGS

Hooked
I'm just all over the board. Want vs. Need (don't even look at skill set lol... not there yet).

Ha ha. Was in the same boat.

Main dif between ENF and CO is speed due to spring rates and valving on the COs. Between COs and DTD is even more speed and then lots more flex. Axles come into question when you start to increase to that speed level. Prorocks aren't a cheap add-on. The single set up Eddie mentioned is a great way to get there in steps without wasting $$$. If you can pull it all off, go for it. 👍

Death Valley was the first I've been able to open up the gas a little with the enforcer. I was able to go pretty damn fast last weekend with the king 2.5 and front king bumps.

I couldn't keep up with Eddie and his DTD, obviously, but the ride was really good for what I have.

MICP3309

No the long arm kit can be used. The hi clearance kit has different brackets then the regular long arm. The arms themselves are the same.

Hey, on ORE site it says the high clearance long arm kits is for the EVO Lever.. Can this only be run with the EVO Lever? or can it also be run with the rear bolt on COs?

And one last question (if you wouldn't mind) I have an AEV 4.5" now, and will be switching to the EVO Long arm upgrade, and Bolt on COs (front and rear). Is there anything else I will need besides the 2 sets of bolt on COs, and the Double D upgrade? As I already have a track bar flip kit.

Thanks!

bkac

Caught the Bug
Hey, on ORE site it says the high clearance long arm kits is for the EVO Lever.. Can this only be run with the EVO Lever? or can it also be run with the rear bolt on COs?

And one last question (if you wouldn't mind) I have an AEV 4.5" now, and will be switching to the EVO Long arm upgrade, and Bolt on COs (front and rear). Is there anything else I will need besides the 2 sets of bolt on COs, and the Double D upgrade? As I already have a track bar flip kit.

Thanks!

The high clearance la kit can be used with bolt on CAs also, just requires a little bit of fabrication with welding new control arm brackets to the axle but they come with the kit.

If you buy the front and rear bolts on coilover kits they come with everything you'll need if you already have the flip kit.
This is a really awesome set up you will love it.

MICP3309

Awesome thanx! I hope to put the long arms and what not in with my new PR44. I have a housing, now just getting the gears and shafts, so welding new CA mounts is no big deal, as I want to weld on the bracketed too, not just bolt on! I can't wait to have everything done. After this is dropping the AEV bumpers and getting some stubbies and have a fender trim party!

bkac

Caught the Bug
Awesome thanx! I hope to put the long arms and what not in with my new PR44. I have a housing, now just getting the gears and shafts, so welding new CA mounts is no big deal, as I want to weld on the bracketed too, not just bolt on! I can't wait to have everything done. After this is dropping the AEV bumpers and getting some stubbies and have a fender trim party!

If you're going to weld the brackets on in the front I would go with the double throw down bracket and the double Throwdown coilover vs the bolt-on bracket. You could then just buy the bypasses and you would have a really slick setup and might cost you a little bit more but it be well worth it. Just a suggestion!

Top Bottom