Places to go wheeling in Southern California?

EZ-E

Well, it looks like I'll be going to Miramar for two weeks in February for a course and was thinking of taking my jeep out from Missouri. Never been to Cali, so I was going to take advantage of trying out some of the wheeling it has to offer. Any place in particular I should check out while I'm there? Likely will only be able to get in one weekend trip and something relatively local, if possible.

I'm thinking of swinging through Moab on the way to California as well, since it's pretty much halfway for me and I've never been there either. Maybe spend a day there too, kinda do the window tour on a trail or two.

Rig is a fairly capable 2012 JKU on 37s.

Thanks for the advice, in advance!

safecracker909

Borrego Springs is not far from Miramar. Big Bear will have snow and not all trails may be open. There is also Truck Haven and Johnson Valley, but both of these are a bit further away.

EZ-E

Awesome, thanks guys. When it gets closer I'll hit you up and we can work something out.

Rebel JK

Corrall canyon is pretty close to Miramar, probably less than 1 hour. It's has trails from easy to fairly difficult depending on experience level. Look up sidewinder, bronco peak, 911a connector.

EZ-E

Corrall canyon is pretty close to Miramar, probably less than 1 hour. It's has trails from easy to fairly difficult depending on experience level. Look up sidewinder, bronco peak, 911a connector.

Awesome, thanks!

Top Bottom