Reflections

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
We enjoy taking on a tough and challenging trail just as much as the next guy but, our true love for Jeeps has always been in their ability to transport you to remote places. Out in the wilderness and away from the busyness of life, you get a chance to reflect on life both figuratively and, as you can see in this shot, literally as well.

attachment.php

This shot was taken out in one of our most favorite places to be, the Owens Valley.

Here is another hi-res reflection shot taken around 10,000 feet up at an unnamed lake.

attachment.php

This shot was taken at Dynamo Pond.

attachment.php

Here's a rare shot that was taken on a dry lake in the Mojave Desert.

attachment.php

A shot from Rubicon Springs on the Rubicon trail at sunset...

attachment.php

Here is a shot of Moby at Rubicon Springs

attachment.php

A few more reflection pics from Nevada...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

SNOWY REFLECTION

Here is a hi-res shot up in the Sierra Nevada Mountains after a light dusting of snow

attachment.php

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I need to lift my jeep so I can go places with you guys. Lol awesome shot!

nah, you don't need to be lifted to go places like this. in fact, we do tons of runs where a stock jeep can go. after sema, we'll be done with work for a while and we'll get some runs going. being that you're in the area, you'll need to come out with us :yup:

RanchoRubi

Caught the Bug
Well said Eddie. That's what makes it special. Being able to go and see and experience things that most won't :rock:

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Another great shot! Very nice Eddie.

And I'd love to go wheeling with you soon as well. Ill keep my eye out for local runs.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
right on! sema is our last big event this year. once that's out of the way, we'll get back to doing some more runs :yup:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
What camera are you using? I posted up on JKF asking about your video camera. Would like to know both as I just bought a DSLR and am looking for a video camera next.

JAGS

Hooked
wayoflife said:
right on! sema is our last big event this year. once that's out of the way, we'll get back to doing some more runs :yup:

That would be great. I'm a newer forum member, but I came across an event/thread of old that was like a training run for stock jeeps and those new to Jeep.

I think we all strive to mod, but even modded you still need to learn the basics.

Would enjoy the opportunity to run with you and learn the capabilities of my rig. Hey, if you ever need a co-pilot, I'd be down to learn that way too.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great Shot!
I've been looking at this , you can just keep staring at it.
The water is glass.
Crawley lake?

Actually, it's Klondike Lake and I don't think it always has water in it. It's situated between Big Pine and Bishop and for the most part, you'd never even know it's there unless you knew to look for it. We've driven past it thousands of times and never gave it much of a though but, on our way home from Tahoe, we decided to turn off and check it out for the very first time since we've first been heading up the 395. And, I'm glad we did :yup:

Trail Bud

Hooked
Actually, it's Klondike Lake and I don't think it always has water in it. It's situated between Big Pine and Bishop and for the most part, you'd never even know it's there unless you knew to look for it. We've driven past it thousands of times and never gave it much of a though but, on our way home from Tahoe, we decided to turn off and check it out for the very first time since we've first been heading up the 395. And, I'm glad we did :yup:

I think we saw that from Papoose Flats when we're up there by the radio tower.
Nice find!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I think we saw that from Papoose Flats when we're up there by the radio tower.
Nice find!!

Actually, I think what we saw then was the Tinemah Reservoir. This one is closer to the Radar Observatory. Next time we're up in the area, we'll have to check it out again. :yup:

Top Bottom