Dash looked like a Xmas tree

metalic

Was driving down the interstate @70 mph today and every light on my dash lit up and ding for a 5-10 seconds then everything but the traction light went off. I had the cruise set and less than a minute went by I tapped the brakes to shut cruise off and the light went out. I drove another 20 miles and then some slower driving and it hasn't done it again. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

jeeeep

Hooked
Was driving down the interstate @70 mph today and every light on my dash lit up and ding for a 5-10 seconds then everything but the traction light went off. I had the cruise set and less than a minute went by I tapped the brakes to shut cruise off and the light went out. I drove another 20 miles and then some slower driving and it hasn't done it again. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

check your battery cables, make sure they are tight. Also check your ground strap and make sure it's tight.

DMF

This happened to me not too long ago. It has done this 4 times now and I have not had a chance to take it into the dealer yet.

I will take a look at the battery connections tomorrow.

Last edited:

SFNick

Thanks in advance

My JK would do this off and on. I replaced both Hub Assembles & haven't had any problem since. My hubs were blown & I think it damaged the sensor. Good luck!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
As mentioned, you need to make sure that your negative and positive leads are secured to your battery posts. The 2012-up JK's come with connectors that use a tapered nut that applies more pressure as it gets tightened. IF you've attached any additional wires to this point, you will prevent the nut from working properly and that can cause your connector to come loose. Bumps in the road can temporarily cause the connector to lift off the post and that will cause your dash to light up. Either way, these points need to be tight and your problem will go away.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
As mentioned, you need to make sure that your negative and positive leads are secured to your battery posts. The 2012-up JK's come with connectors that use a tapered nut that applies more pressure as it gets tightened. IF you've attached any additional wires to this point, you will prevent the nut from working properly and that can cause your connector to come loose. Bumps in the road can temporarily cause the connector to lift off the post and that will cause your dash to light up. Either way, these points need to be tight and your problem will go away.

would something like this help those with the 12+ that have aditional wires running to the battery to help prevent it not being tightened down enough?
http://www.quadratec.com/products/17004_9001.htm
133117-md.jpg

ttfhell

Last week mine popped off a half dozen times in the bumpy stuff. I ordered these last week and are due in Friday. I'll take some pics when I get them in.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Last week mine popped off a half dozen times in the bumpy stuff. I ordered these last week and are due in Friday. I'll take some pics when I get them in.

Probably has nothing to do with the 28 wires you have attached to your battery though right?

Jaydoc1

This is why I love this site. I have had this problem on my '13 and found out what the cause of the problem was in a different thread several months ago. I have not been able to find an acceptable way to prevent the clamps from coming loose. No matter how much I tighten them. Until now. Ordering.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I actually have those since u have a winch, brake controller, remote start. I will check them tonight and thanks for all the help. Will update if I find anything loose.

As mentioned earlier, check the ground connections along the fenders if you attached anything to them as well. If one is loose or not making good contact due to a ground wire you attached to the stud, this can cause the same problem.

metalic

As mentioned earlier, check the ground connections along the fenders if you attached anything to them as well. If one is loose or not making good contact due to a ground wire you attached to the stud, this can cause the same problem.

All connections clean & tight. I will keep an eye on it. Thanks for all the info.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Top Bottom