fender cut question?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
no electrical or anything can easily be damaged up front from mud/water/everyday stuff?

well, 2 wiring harness on the tipm will be exposed but, you can probably cover them up pretty easily. granted, i've been running like this for years now and have never had any issues, even when wheeling in thick mud back east.

YAEGER83

thanks, i appritiate it, i was weary on going under the scalpal and doing surgery lol. thanks for all the help!

MTG

Caught the Bug
I just trimmed and kept the inner linner on the front. It's not perfect, but I suppose it adds a little more protection. :thumb:

Mikes Offroad

Same here kept the inner liner and just trimmed it to fit. Like MTG stated not perfect but at ten feet away looks perfect.

Holeshot

Banned
I kept my inner liner, trimmed to fit the width of the body.As there was a 2 or 3" gap between the liner and the body, I took a truck rubber pad, cutted a strip the lenght I needed, took some screws and some kind of C-clips. As I live in canada, winters are long and snowy as hell, so it was an obligation for me.

You can see on that pic what it looks like.

2012-07-11 17.53.23.jpg

I used clip like these

Rally_Armour_test_clips.jpg

NAUJK

So there is no real problem with running no inner liner up front that you have found WOL? Just doesn't look the best?

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
So there is no real problem with running no inner liner up front that you have found WOL? Just doesn't look the best?

not that i've found and for me, i actually like it better without them. but, that's just me :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
YAEGER83 said:
can i get a few pics for ideas on how to cut?

I just cut along a path that allowed me to retain as much factory hardware on top. Along the back I just followed the contour of the jeep and zip tied it to the hole at the bottom. There is a gap but I didn't worry about it. I figure some protection is better than none.

In grabbed these with my phone real quick.

image-3257631326.jpg

image-1992800365.jpg

Top Bottom