Installing Rancho Geo Correction Brackets - 2012

toxicwaste29

Im currently in the process of installing the rancho geo correction brackets. I have a 2012 and the instructions Im assuming were written for a jk with the 3.8. The instructions show no upper heat shield for the control arms which is because the exhaust is straight around this area. On the 3.6 the exhaust has a loop near the control arms and it has a heat shield attached to the upper control arm mount. Is this heat shield something I take off and risk melting a control arm bushing or do I self tap it into the relocation brackets since their is no supplied hole.

SmokinV10

Caught the Bug
Are these the same as the AEV geometry correction brackets? I may be wrong, but I thought that I read that AEV 's brackets were the same as another brand. Maybe look at their instructions online

toxicwaste29

Are these the same as the AEV geometry correction brackets? I may be wrong, but I thought that I read that AEV 's brackets were the same as another brand. Maybe look at their instructions online

I figured that and checked their instructions; also no mention of the heat shield.

toxicwaste29

I called rancho and after some digging they said they left the heat shield off and recommended a crossover pipe to get rid of the exhaust loop. Having no reason for a crossover pipe and fearing my control arm bushings would melt with the exhaust heat I just decided to run a self tapper into the rancho bracket to hold the side of the heat shield (the top is still bolted to the original upper control arm mount). Also the parts list and bolt bag with the brackets came with 4-M10 bolts that are mentioned nowhere in the instructions. Rancho said these bolts go to their 4" lift yet are included in the control arm drop brackets even though there is no mention of them in the instructions ???

Wardell

Nope, they're different. AEV's has three holes for you to use to set the right caster angle. Rancho's doesn't, since they have adjustable upper control arms in their lift kits. From what a few others have said on here, the Rancho brackets also sound a bit more robust.

Last edited:

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Correct we use this same package in our 4" SPORT system.
Bushings should be a-ok, but not a bad idea to self tap that little piece on.
We don't get rid of the loop FYI, just relocate the pipe a bit.

Rancho2012JKexhaust.jpg

I called rancho and after some digging they said they left the heat shield off and recommended a crossover pipe to get rid of the exhaust loop. Having no reason for a crossover pipe and fearing my control arm bushings would melt with the exhaust heat I just decided to run a self tapper into the rancho bracket to hold the side of the heat shield (the top is still bolted to the original upper control arm mount). Also the parts list and bolt bag with the brackets came with 4-M10 bolts that are mentioned nowhere in the instructions. Rancho said these bolts go to their 4" lift yet are included in the control arm drop brackets even though there is no mention of them in the instructions ???

Top Bottom