Wheel Spacers

BillTheCat

In the continuation and my JKUR learning curve, I ordered some 1.375" spacers since I'm using the stock wheels. Yesterday I install same. The spacers attached just fine but the bolt pattern was just a smidgen out. No amount of cussing helped. Please educate me about Jeep wheels bolt patterns and spacing.

StrizzyChris

a JK has a 5on 5 wheel pattern with a hub bore of 71.5mm (if you are getting hub centric spacers which I would recommend to relieve the stress on your lugs). You need to buy either a 1.5" thick spacer to clear your lugs OR cut your lugs shorter so they do not extend past the surface of your spacer. I would do the first and get to correct spacer of 1.5". Spidertrax is the leader in these spacers and you can easily find them used on the forums for around $125 shipped for he complete set.

EDIT: This is an extreme example, but if you are using a 1.35" spacer your lugs will stick out. you NEED your inner wheel surface to sit flush against the spacer and it is extremely unsafe if your lugs are sticking out and the wheel surface is resting against the lugs instead of the spacer even slightly!

DSCN0881_zps3e3e49e2.jpg

Last edited:

BillTheCat

Thanks! 1.5's were suggested before but I ASS U ME d the width did not matter. And the education continues.

Top Bottom