Jeep tuning??

rosst192

So prior to owning my jk I was really into imports. I had a 2011 wrx and loved that thing my good friend is a tuner and did all the tuning work on my subie (via cobb accessport) but my question is is there a program that can be used to tune a wrangler. More specifically a JK. I know hptuners is used for a lot of domestics and such but me and him were trying to figure out if there is a programs for the jeeps. Info would be much appreciated????

trailless

Caught the Bug
They seem to have generic tunes that claim extra HP/TQ output, such as the Superchips Trail dash. Its the one I'm thinking about getting but more so for the other features it offers.

Anyways, you probably already know it but a tune on a NA engine isn't going to produce anywhere near the same results as a FI engine.

But if you do decide on a tuner make sure to post up the results. :thumbup:

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

T&ERun

LOSER
A few years back I talked to my "mustang tuning guy" about tuning my Jeep, and he did say at the time he could tune it with Diablo. Not sure if they offer a chip for it or not anymore. I'm sure there is software out there somewhere for it. As mentioned there are a few tuners on the market with preprogrammed tunes. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but don't expect much, if any, seat of the pants difference. The current tuners are more valuable for correcting your speedo by inputting the correct tire size and gear ratio after you have changed them.

rosst192

They seem to have generic tunes that claim extra HP/TQ output, such as the Superchips Trail dash. Its the one I'm thinking about getting but more so for the other features it offers.

Anyways, you probably already know it but a tune on a NA engine isn't going to produce anywhere near the same results as a FI engine.

But if you do decide on a tuner make sure to post up the results. [emoji106]

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yeah I'm not trying to make it a speed demon by any means. Just a little more torque for getting up the hills on the main roads around me. And I know regearing my jeep would help with that big time but that is in the plans for the near future [emoji3]
A few years back I talked to my "mustang tuning guy" about tuning my Jeep, and he did say at the time he could tune it with Diablo. Not sure if they offer a chip for it or not anymore. I'm sure there is software out there somewhere for it. As mentioned there are a few tuners on the market with preprogrammed tunes. I'm not sure what you are looking for, but don't expect much, if any, seat of the pants difference. The current tuners are more valuable for correcting your speedo by inputting the correct tire size and gear ratio after you have changed them.

RDahms1

I'm using the Superchips Flashpaq and it seems to be working very well. I can definitely see a difference in gas mileage with the Mileage XS Save setting. I'll be using the Crawl Tune setting this weekend for the first time. There are multiple settings for power depending on fuel octane used. I've used the 87 performance setting a couple of times, I guessing because of the cheep fuel, I didn't see much more power, but the shift points were slightly different. Here's the back of the box.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1418127408.389700.jpg

2k13jk

What year is your jk? Ive had a good experience using the flashpaq on my 13 jk with the pentastar but it wasnt enough for me. I installed a ripp super charger and it really woke the truck nicely

RDahms1

What year is your jk? Ive had a good experience using the flashpaq on my 13 jk with the pentastar but it wasnt enough for me. I installed a ripp super charger and it really woke the truck nicely

I'm using it on a 08 with the 3.8. Wish I could afford the RIPP supercharger myself.

Tanner505

I run the diablo trinity on my jeep and I love it, you get small gains with Most boxed tunes but it does help that 3.6 get up and move

rosst192

Its an animal i went from 170 wheel horse power to 344 whp
Dang that's a nice increase, what at supporting mods do you have with that like exhaust? Chip? Etc. I have an afe intake and magnaflow cat back and I mean mine does scoot pretty good for 35's but 344whp sounds nice haha.

2k13jk

I put a ripp super charger 8lbs of boost stage 2 kit with intercooler tial 50mm blow off valve billet technologies catch can with a diablo intune to tune the air fuel ratios

Top Bottom